“Cool Pub to Chill at”

Beerhive Pub
Ranked #36 of 1,385 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Porter, Texas
“Cool Pub to Chill at”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My friends and I went here twice during our recent visit to SLC. They have a good selection of beers on tap and in the bottle. We arrived after the kitchen had closed so I can't comment on the food. There are two levels to the Beerhive, and there are some games (pool, etc.) downstairs. The place was well staffed and we were checked up on by a couple of different people, in addition to or server. I recommend checking this place out. You'll probably notice their t-shirts being worn around town.
They have outdoor seating, but there are only a couple of tables and the waiter had a hard time getting to the "far" corner. I would advise you to either get the table by the door, or hang out inside.

• Visited June 2014

“Great beer and grub, bar service lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Having been prompted to go to the Beerhive Pub I was met with a small outdoor seating section, smoke free atmosphere and an decent array of local beers on tap. The beer menu was a solid 4 pages clearly laid out and nice to review.
I asked the bartender what he suggested based only taste preference and he hit the spot!! I quaffed down my beer while waiting for my business partner to show and stared at an empty glass and had no luck pulling my bartender over to get a refill. I had to ask him for another and then for a menu and the again to place an order. There were at least two or three others behind the bar with him, he wasn't stacked with crowds 2+ deep so I'm not sure what was up with him. We eventually engaged another bartender with beautiful silver hair and porcelain skin. From then on we were good to go.

Parking: be aware that parking doesn't se to be readily available near the bar although I lucked out with a paid spot payable with my corp Amex and walked in. My friend had to park 2 blocks away.
Food was good, fresh and unremarkable. Fairly priced and quickly delivered.
And YES, the frozen ring that lines the bar is great at keeping your beer cold.
Why don't all bars do this????

1 Thank Christopher D
Phoenix, Arizona
“Can't beat the ice bar and beer selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Cool place that always has a good mix of people to keep a good energy flowing. The beer selections are always interesting and make for a different experience than most bars can offer. The food could be better or more creative with higher quality but there are plenty of places around here to grab some grub so focus on the drinks!

Visited May 2014
Lansing, MI
“Fun local hangout!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a really neat bar. Seemed to be a local hangout. Bartender was super friendly. They had a great wine list too!

Visited May 2014
Chelsea, Alabama
“Great dive bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Has an iced bar to keep your non-alcoholic beer nice and frosty! Utah, your next to Colorado, update your beer laws. Alabama is decades ahead of you, ALABAMA!

• Visited May 2014