“Stay again in a heartbeat.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City/University-Foothill Dr.
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed while my child had medical testing at nearby hospital. Stayed two separate times in both a room and suite. The suite was not a traditional with a separate master bedroom per say, but two king beds divided by desk, and a great sitting, mini kitchen with microwave, fridge, sink. Great set up unless you require privacy, which we did not. Great for fun family stay. Both were roomy and basically clean. Pool chilly. Hot tub cleanliness fair. Breakfast clean, varied, and great atmosphere. Customer service---good. One representative more helpful than other at front desk, but overall very good.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed 6 December 2012

This hotel was wonderful! I stayed there with my family for a hospital stay at the Huntsman Center. The location was fantastic! The staff, breakfast, rooms, business center, and plain feel of the hotel was perfect. The staff is so accommodating and the general manager is always on site to give that extra special touch! LOVE THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Wow; what a cool, chic, great hotel! This hotel shouldn't fit on this small site but because of design and engineering genius, it does fit. There is a little parking ramp to take care of any additional parking needed which is a great idea in and of itself; to cut down on surface parking which creates a heat island effect and is just a plain waste of land.

My room was unreal; so crisp and new and cool. The huge bathroom had everything I've come to expect in Hampton Inns and the rest of the room was just as nice. The bed was perfect for me and the internet worked great as well. The only thing I noticed is that the "History Channel", of all odd things, had no sound the entire two days I was there. I end up working in my room a lot when I'm on the road and that's one of my favorite channels to have on in the background.

The breakfast was outstanding, as is usually (always?) the case at Hampton Inns. They had hard boiled eggs, little omlettes, sausage, fruit, the great Hampton Inn real oatmeal, etc. There's a Starbucks right across the street for a darker roast like I prefer, but they had a big assortment of Bigelow teas and juice/milk/etc as well. This is one of my top-five favorite hotels! Very, very well done, Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on a recent business trip and was very impressed with all aspects of the property.
The front desk staff is outstanding. They are all so friendly and accomodating. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Breakfast is provided each morning and there is a nice variety...including a good selection of healthier options. The fitness center is standard for a hotel - but again very, very clean! There are some shopping and restaurants options conveniently located in close proximity.
Overall, I would highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank LoveMyLife20
Reviewed 15 October 2012

One night business stay - this is a newer property and it shows. Terrific desk, comfy bed, very helpful and professional staff. He only slight quibble is with parking, an if you're wheelchair bound this might be a little tougher than some others, but this is a fine option for a business traveler or vacationer.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Danhedonia
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed at the hotel while working a trade-show at the Salt Conv Center downtown. Its a great place to stay if you want to get out of downtown yet close enough that you don't have to wake up an hour early to get downtown. Starbucks across the street is great but restaurant choices are limited.

Very clean hotel however one odd thing is the maintenance men were hanging out outside my room during the day (the room was at the end of the hallway) and they also store extra furniture right outside my door! Not the nicest thing to see as I walk out the door. (maybe they ran out of storage?)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the property. BUT beware I opened my curtains the first morning a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I love the Hampton Inn brand-- they are consistent good. But I especially liked this hotel in particular.

Along with the clean duvets, the great beds, and the hearty breakfast fare they offer at all Hampton Inns, this hotel seemed to have a one step above customer service ethic that you could feel. They REALLY wanted you to be happy there and they went the extra mile to do that.

This hotel was part of a negotiated contract for my work, and sometimes in my experience, this means that they feel like they can treat you with less consideration because they know you didnt choose them and that your work is paying them no matter what. That was ANYTHING but the case here.

Part of our deal was a shuttle bus that took us to the training each morning. One morning, I overslept, and without a single complaint, they immediately drove me on my own to the training. Now that was service!

Another example of their above and beyond was that my flight was delayed and I could not fly out until after 7pm the evening of the day I was supposed to check out. I spoke to the front desk person, and because they were not overbooked, they were able to make me a deal where I could stay until 6pm for half the regular room rate. This was an extremely kind gesture, and I appreciated the consideration and how I didnt have to wait for 7 hours at the airport. This alone would make me come back again and again.

The 3rd floor roof view of the city was relaxing to sit and enjoy the cool evening.

The hotel being across the street from many restaurants and shops made it very convenient since I did not have a rental car.

All in all, this has been the best hotel I have stayed with all this year...perhaps ever.

KUDOS TO THIS HAMPTION INN!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city..the back side of the hotel just faces a parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Little America Hotel
#11 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown
University Guest House & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City/University-Foothill Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City/University-Foothill Dr.

Address: 1345 S Foothill Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84108-2320
Region: United States > Utah > Salt Lake City
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Family Hotel in Salt Lake City
#3 Business Hotel in Salt Lake City
#6 Romantic Hotel in Salt Lake City
Price Range: £81 - £167 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City/University-Foothill Dr. 2.5*
Overlooking Salt Lake City with panoramic city and mountain views, the Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City/University-Foothill puts you close to all that this amazing city has to offer. Proximity to attractions like ski resorts, Hogle Zoo and This Is the Place Historic Village. If shopping, dining and entertainment at Foothill Village, and near trendy neighborhoods such as Sugar House and 9th & 9th. Near Westminster College, University of Utah (site of the 2002 Olympics opening and closing ceremonies), Red Butte Garden and Arboretum and the Utah Museum of Natural History. Corporate guests will love the multi-function meeting room and modern business center within the hotel. For a touch of luxury, upgrade to a suite and enjoy extra space and stunning valley views. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City/University-Foothill Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City/University-Foothill Dr. North America