“Good Breakfast in Downtown SLC”
Review of Roula's Cafe

Roula's Cafe
Ranked #422 of 1,406 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Dining options: Lunch, Private Dining
Description: At Roula's Cafe & Catering we create daily specials to match you every single day! We have over 30 unique, homemade, Specials that we rotate on a monthly basis! So if you come to Roula's Cafe it would take you over 2 months just to try everything on our menu! These mouth watering specials will have you blown away from the Mediterranean flavor Roula brings to you! We Sell out of Specials every single day, so come in early if you want to grab one!HistoryEstablished in 2005.Roula's Cafe was founded in 2005 by Roula Karahalios and her son Nectarios. Roula brings all the recipes from her homeland on the Greek island of Crete. Nectarios, or Nikky as Roula calls him, grew up in Salt Lake City and graduated from the University of Utah. We are excited to continue serving you our delicious home cooked food.
Ellicott City, MD
“Good Breakfast in Downtown SLC”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I was staying at the Grand America and was glad to escape and get a good breakfast at Roula's. It was a short walk from the hotel and had eggs, sausage, toast, and very good coffee. Met Roula is was very sweet. Also had the baklava which I highly recommend.

Visited May 2014

Harrisville, Utah
“It was ok”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I enjoy some good greek, but this just seemed to be a little overpriced and not what I expected. My wife sold me on this place and we were downtown so we went in for lunch. I felt it a little overpriced and when my wife asked if she could have more salad and less rice on her plate they told her it was already pre-maid/pre-plated. REALLY? So why did it take so long to get our food out? There was only 2 other people ahead of our order.... If you are downtown then give it a shot, but I wouldn't make a special trip just for this place. The staff is great and really nice, but the food....meh...

• Visited February 2014
Laguna Beach, California
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We were staying at the nearby Grand America and noticed Roula's as we were waiting for Trax. So, on a whim, we tried it and found it to be positively delightful. The breakfast was excellent and the portions were large. The service was superb, the dining room was very inviting and clean, and the location across from Trax was most convenient. The owner's family was there in the dining room rolling out some traditional Greek Christmas cookies and then served us some fresh out of the oven when they were done. Delicious! The hosts there were most gracious, warm, and genuine. Without hesitation, this is a restaurant that I would recommend to everyone.

• Visited December 2013
“Favorite Breakfast in SLC”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Roula's is a great place to have breakfast in SLC. The staff was super friendly and helpful in recommending some of their signature breakfast burritos. The food is excellent and the restaurant has some cool decor!! Will definitely stop by again next time we're in SLC!!

“Stingy!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were very curious to try Roula's having passed by their downtown location many times. So when we saw a Groupon we decided to give it a try. Their hours are so awkward it took a while for us to get there when they were actually open, but on a Monday afternoon it finally happened. We were offered the special of the day, beef enchiladas, which were visibly burnt (over $8.00). Instead we went with some of their Greek entrees which were generally good besides a dry pork soulvaki. We were informed that we should park in a nearby parking garage but were later refused validation because after the Groupon we didn't spend at least $10. (one of the servers handed me a validation ticket which was immediately taken from me after the manager learned I had received it!) Are you kidding me? So by following their instruction, we ended up paying for parking. We were also told that if we wanted to use a card to pay for our meal, which was less than $6 after the Groupon, that we would be charged a 50 cent transaction fee, thankfully we had cash on us. Then filling up our drink we noticed a note on the soda machine which stated that any refill of their 32 oz. drink containers required a charge somewhere over a dollar. Between their weird hours and miscellaneous charges it's definitely not worth the effort.

• Visited August 2013