“excellent customer service, Worst bed ever”

The Anniversary Inn - Fifth South
Ranked #3 of 11 Salt Lake City B&B and Inns
Twin Falls, Idaho
“excellent customer service, Worst bed ever”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The front desk employees were all so nice and friendly, location is a little hard to find as it is behind the building with no signs out front, nice locked gargage for vehicles.
Now for the room, we stayed in the Twilight suite, room#15, it is decorated ok, on the small side. The Twilight game in the room had no instructions card so that was worthless. The double jaccuzzi tub was nice except when filling the tub the waterfall doesn't shut off all the way. So, if you a sitting in the tub it sprays down into your face.
We will never come back because of the horrible bed and sheets. The sheets were so scratchy and the bed was the worst my husband and I have ever slept on. The bed slanted downhill. My husband and I turned around and ended up with our heads at the footboard of the bed. AND the mattress was horrible lumpy. Neither one of us slept and ended up leaving very early in the morning because we couldn't sleep anyways.
Having said that, we have stayed at the Anniversary Inn in Boise, idaho several times and loved every room. So I guess it can't be perfect but why not fix the bed and shower and go for good.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
salt lake city
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here last week for our anniversary. We stayed in the Hawaiian Hideaway room and for a moment we forgot we were in Utah! The room was so cute with a waterfall shower to make us feel like we were in a secluded waterfall in Hawaii. I cannot even explain how relaxing the jetted tub was. It even smelled tropical.The cupcakes they provided for dessert were delicious and we woke up in the morning only to find a hot and great breakfast outside of our door. I have never had my breakfast actually in bed and it was a great experience! The rooms online do not do any justice to how fun and lovely they are in person. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Everyone needs to stay at this hotel at least once in their life. The service was also great. The staff did everything they could to help make our anniversary special. Thank you Anniversary Inn we will be back very soon!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 7 September 2012

The "mississippi serenade" was the worst room we have ever stayed in. Upon arrival we were greeted politely and shown to our room. When we opened the door to the room we were hit with a very strong musty smell. The room was very small. I had viewed the pictures online but the room was much smaller than i expected. There was no shower, only a tub. The closet door would not open because it was so close to he bed rail. We tried to settle in with a movie and hoped we would get over the musty smell. By 3:30 am neither my husband or I had slept a wink because the mattress was so terrible and we were sick to our stomach because of the terrible musty odor. We decided to check out at 3:45am and go home. This was a huge dissapointment as this trip was a surprise for my husband's 36th birthday and to celebrate our 10 year anniversary! On check out I was promised that a manager would call me the following monday to discuss a refund. When I did not receive a call by tuesday, I called them. The assistant manager told me that "they would probably be able to issue a refund in full" she would need to get the manager's approval. I was promised the manager would call me on wednesday. I received a call on thursday and was told I could have a $50 refund out of the $200 it cost me. I am very dissapointed in their level of customer service. I will never stay at their hotel again and i would recommend to anyone to take their business else where.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank H C
Midvale, Utah
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Our first visit to Anniversary Inn was memorable for many reasons -- the sunset view which was a panoramic frame of Salt Lake City, from the changing, color-splashed rays of the setting sun to the sparkling lights at night; the appointments of the spacious room, including a framed photo of "Honest Abe" on the bookshelf; the "waterfall" shower which was a delightful, wet, long-lasting massage; to the appetite-quenching breakfast in the morning. There was a peaceful tranquility -- from the time the TRAX line quit running -- (oh, there may have been a few knocks and squeaks from the headboard, but who was counting?). Overall, a wonderful experience with Presidential Pizzazz! Thank you.

Room Tip: Perhaps choose a room farther from TRAX line
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank buckwheat5963
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here for ou anniversary and I was not impressed with the room itself. They do have some nice add ons (for an additional fee of course) like champagne glasses, roses, etc, which was a nice touch to celebrating our anniversary but I felt like maybe we should have stayed in a room that was more over the top. It was very simple, and I feel maybe didn'tprovide the whole anniversary inn experience the location is known for. For what we paid, I expected more.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This was a unique experience in a B&B. I surprised my wife with the "Enchanted Forest" room and it turned out to be a fun stay. When we arrived, the conceirge was friendly and helpful. We went up to our room and when we walked in we were greeted with a bed surrounded by trees and a enchanted wonderland forest! My wife was surprised and a little taken aback that there were trees in our room! The bath area had a very large two person jacuzzi with an interesting shower in the middle of the jacuzzi...not like any shower head...it "rains" on you and makes you feel like you're in a waterfall. The entire suite is made to look like a woddsman cottage and when you are in the bed you feel as though you are sleeping under the trees in the "enchanted forest". My wife said she felt like Snow White in a fairytale. The breakfast (delivered to our room) was flavorful and included fresh berries and very good coffee. The only downside for this property (and for most historical B&B's) is that our suite was on the third floor and there was no elevator to help with getting our bags up to our room.

I highly recommend this B&B in lieu of a hotel in the greater Salt Lake City area; if we visit the city again, we will definitely return to The Anniversary Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve O
Utah
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My husband and I spent a night in the Cape Cod room for our anniversary in June. The ONLY reason I really wanted this room was for the aquarium that is over the bed (which is in a light house). I love aquariums and this sounded so awesome to be able to watch fish on the ceiling. Basically, the decor was horrible. the lighthouse where our bed sat, was extremely creative and cute but they didn't have the proper sheets to accommodate the bed, so they used two sheets to cover the bed so my husband and I ended up sleeping with different sheets all night. The aquarium was apparently broken because the ceiling above the bed was glass stones and pressed wood. I was SOOOOO disappointed! The decor was very cheesy, there was fake ivy and fish nets all of over the place with corny small decorations everywhere. The mural on the wall was beautiful and truly if they took out the cheesy sea decor and fake ivy and left a few cute pieces, the room would have looked a lot classier and romantic. There was a life saver above the TV which was broken in half, they should have thrown it away, and I stared at it all night, but I guess they think it looks good, I don't know. The tub area was beautiful, a large jacuzzi tub and rock wall, the shower is a water fall from the ceiling that flows right in the middle of the tub, but even when the shower wasn't turned on, water still dripped from it. Also, below the tub handles, part of the flooring (some sort of plastic coating) was peeling up and it looked murky and dirty or possibly moldy. The other extras were fabulous. The had our room ready with apple cider on ice ( the ice was melted and we checked in right when we could) but was warm. There was cheese cake in the fridge, which was delicious. Breakfast was served to our room, exactly on time and that truly was a wonderfully yummy breakfast of ham and cheese croissants, yogurt, juice and coffee. If the decor was up to par, it would have been a fabulous stay, but honestly I don't know if I'll ever go back because of the disappointment about the aquarium and bedding, it almost felt like false advertising to me. FYI, they lock the parking lot at 11 p.m., just be aware. Also, the front counter employees were very kind and hospitable.

Room Tip: I would recommend calling them first to make sure the room meets the expectations listed on their we...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple