“Great Night”

The Anniversary Inn - Fifth South
Ranked #3 of 11 Salt Lake City B&B and Inns
“Great Night”
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this fabulous place on a quick overnight trip to Salt Lake on a weekday. Got a great deal (same price as a typical hotel). We stayed in the Hawaiian Hideaway, which was awesome. The staff was awesome, helped me park a huge horse trailer.

When Staying here you need to make time to view all the rooms, either come early enough for a tour or you can walk through if you checkout around noon.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Kevin W

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Love this Inn! It is so romantic and a great escape from the stressful workdays. The front desk staff was wonderful and the hotel is charming. The room we stayed in was great! It had a log cabin theme complete with a front porch and ....outhouse! It was funny. The best part was the huge jacuzzi and waterfall shower!

The bed was comfortable and the room very clean.

We loved our delicious breakfast. So fun to have it delivered to your door.

My advice-lighten up when you go and have an adventure!

The room was a little small. Stick with diamond suites if you desire space.

On more thing-PLEASE REPLACE YOUR SHEETS ANNIVERSARY INN! They are old and scratchy.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NGreen8
West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My husband and I stay here any chance we get. There is nothing better than breakfast in bed after staying up late watching TV! We stayed in the Twilight Suite and enjoyed the themed goblets and beautiful bed! When we asked for an extra breakfast croissant, they indulged us without question or charge--a big plus for my husband. He loves the breakfast!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pretandmeg
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The front desk employees were all so nice and friendly, location is a little hard to find as it is behind the building with no signs out front, nice locked gargage for vehicles.
Now for the room, we stayed in the Twilight suite, room#15, it is decorated ok, on the small side. The Twilight game in the room had no instructions card so that was worthless. The double jaccuzzi tub was nice except when filling the tub the waterfall doesn't shut off all the way. So, if you a sitting in the tub it sprays down into your face.
We will never come back because of the horrible bed and sheets. The sheets were so scratchy and the bed was the worst my husband and I have ever slept on. The bed slanted downhill. My husband and I turned around and ended up with our heads at the footboard of the bed. AND the mattress was horrible lumpy. Neither one of us slept and ended up leaving very early in the morning because we couldn't sleep anyways.
Having said that, we have stayed at the Anniversary Inn in Boise, idaho several times and loved every room. So I guess it can't be perfect but why not fix the bed and shower and go for good.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
salt lake city
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here last week for our anniversary. We stayed in the Hawaiian Hideaway room and for a moment we forgot we were in Utah! The room was so cute with a waterfall shower to make us feel like we were in a secluded waterfall in Hawaii. I cannot even explain how relaxing the jetted tub was. It even smelled tropical.The cupcakes they provided for dessert were delicious and we woke up in the morning only to find a hot and great breakfast outside of our door. I have never had my breakfast actually in bed and it was a great experience! The rooms online do not do any justice to how fun and lovely they are in person. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Everyone needs to stay at this hotel at least once in their life. The service was also great. The staff did everything they could to help make our anniversary special. Thank you Anniversary Inn we will be back very soon!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 7 September 2012

The "mississippi serenade" was the worst room we have ever stayed in. Upon arrival we were greeted politely and shown to our room. When we opened the door to the room we were hit with a very strong musty smell. The room was very small. I had viewed the pictures online but the room was much smaller than i expected. There was no shower, only a tub. The closet door would not open because it was so close to he bed rail. We tried to settle in with a movie and hoped we would get over the musty smell. By 3:30 am neither my husband or I had slept a wink because the mattress was so terrible and we were sick to our stomach because of the terrible musty odor. We decided to check out at 3:45am and go home. This was a huge dissapointment as this trip was a surprise for my husband's 36th birthday and to celebrate our 10 year anniversary! On check out I was promised that a manager would call me the following monday to discuss a refund. When I did not receive a call by tuesday, I called them. The assistant manager told me that "they would probably be able to issue a refund in full" she would need to get the manager's approval. I was promised the manager would call me on wednesday. I received a call on thursday and was told I could have a $50 refund out of the $200 it cost me. I am very dissapointed in their level of customer service. I will never stay at their hotel again and i would recommend to anyone to take their business else where.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank H C
Midvale, Utah
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Our first visit to Anniversary Inn was memorable for many reasons -- the sunset view which was a panoramic frame of Salt Lake City, from the changing, color-splashed rays of the setting sun to the sparkling lights at night; the appointments of the spacious room, including a framed photo of "Honest Abe" on the bookshelf; the "waterfall" shower which was a delightful, wet, long-lasting massage; to the appetite-quenching breakfast in the morning. There was a peaceful tranquility -- from the time the TRAX line quit running -- (oh, there may have been a few knocks and squeaks from the headboard, but who was counting?). Overall, a wonderful experience with Presidential Pizzazz! Thank you.

Room Tip: Perhaps choose a room farther from TRAX line
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple