“Great local brunch”

Em's
Ranked #206 of 1,444 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Been here, near the capitol for years.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is a wonderful place for brunch. The sticky rolls are not to be missed. The atmosphere is elegant and decor very nice. I have always been impressed with the food and staff here and have eaten here many times. Strongly recommend.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Nice little place. Lovely evening. Food was good (Scallops and creamed corn was divine). But what is with the service? One waiter, disappeared, than much later, another. It was my daughter's birthday. From the start, asked for two desserts to celebrate, and the young man said he would pick for me. Never saw him again. Then, asked twice again. Finally, they arrived with little fanfare (one lone candle), no asking for coffee or such.

Could be a great little place. But lacking in the warmth that such a place requires. Won't be back, too many fun little places in SLC that have this warmth.

1  Thank Karrie J
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was our first time at Em's, but our dinner companions are regulars and I can see why. If we still lived in Salt Lake City, Em's would be our go to restaurant.

Everything about the evening was perfect from the service, to the food and wine, to the outdoor seating....which was amazing. (I felt like we were eating somewhere in Tuscany with the grapes and vines hanging on the trellis over head).

We started off with several of the appetizers; scallops, stuffed figs and the burrata cheese and tomatoes. All were excellent, although the scallops were probably my favorite.

For a main, I had one of the evening specials which was risotto, very yummy. My husband had the short ribs and mashed potatoes, our friends had the halibut special and everyone agreed their meals were delicious.

For dessert, we had the raspberry creme brûlée, the bread pudding and the chocolate jalapeño ice cream, you can't go wrong ordering any, they all were delicious.

They had a nice wine selection with very reasonable prices.

I would highly recommend Em's and next time we are in town, we will be back. I would suggest making reservations, we had reservations for 7pm and the place was packed. Em's is a great place for a casual catch up with friends. If the weather is nice make sure you ask for a table outside.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our hostess suggested we try Em's, and we are glad we did. The food was superb and service excellent! This is a must in SLC.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Although I live in Salt Lake City, I had never been to Em's until recently. This sweet little place is now my go to place for a fantastic meal in a quiet place. Went there with friends in the early evening - before the dinner crowd. Might no be so quiet in the middle of the dinner hour. I had scallops, my husband had beef medalions, and friends both had lamb. Everything from the appetizers to the dessert was perfect. Great place for casual dinner, business dinner, drinks out with friends (noticed a nice bar located to the side of the main eating area), or even a fancy night out before the symphony, etc.