Hotel RL By Red Lion Salt Lake City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Royal Garden Inn(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Quality Inn(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Metropolitan Inn(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
Little America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
All reviewsstayed at the red lionfew blocksfree shuttleconvention centerdowntown slctemplefreewayutah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Red Lion hotel for the first time this weekend. What an amazing hotel! I was treated with the upmost respect. The staff was very kind. They made me feel like I was the only one they cared about. Even the janitorial staff was very polite and funny! I can't say enough about this hotel. I will be staying their every time I go to SLC.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

general mgr need to check on that PIPE NOISE outside the room 735 it was very DISTURBING I was there 0514-0518 never got a PEACEFUL NIGHT SLEEP because of that NOISE I loved the internet svc in the business ofc & gift shop I loved the lady in there she was friendly and was very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Steve H, Assistant General Manager at Hotel RL By Red Lion Salt Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We at the Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit. Our purpose is to provide our guests with the best experience possible, and we are committed to maintaining a high standard of service for your comfort and enjoyment. Your comments are an indication that we can do better—and we will! Please accept our deepest apology for any noise that prevented a restful night’s sleep. We are investigating this matter and ready to make the necessary corrections. Were delighted to hear that your enjoyed our business center and received the help you needed at the gift shop. We hope your visit to Salt Lake was one you will cherish. Thanks again for letting us know about your stay at the Red Lion, and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I made a reservation for 4 adults with breakfast included in the price (149.00 + tax) and when we went to check in we reported that the reservation was for 2 adults without breakfast. after show proof of reservation, where he said 4 adults with breakfast included, the receptionist accepted the reservation, but still charged us 1 day breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Steve H, Assistant General Manager at Hotel RL By Red Lion Salt Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Red Lion Salt Lake Downtown. I want to apologize for the mistake we made on your reservation, which led to the confusion at check in. We were completely at fault, and we’ve corrected your bill accordingly. We hope this oversight did not detract too much from your visit to Salt Lake City and your trip overall was a success. If you have any further questions or comments regarding your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful day, and thanks again for your valuable feedback!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights with my adult son and we were very happy. The hotel is situated only a few blocks from downtown, the mall and Temple Square. The staff were very helpful in arranging either their shuttle or a taxi to take us. We ate breakfast at the Red Diner which was convenient and reasonably priced. Just one parking lot over is Brewvies (a movie theatre/bar/restaurant combo and a really good sports bar called Legends. This was a good base for exploring SLC.

Room Tip: I like a room as high as possible. The upper floors gave very nice panoramas of the nearby mountains and downtown.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Had to be in SLC for 10 nights traveling with my dog. The hotel offers one floor (the 2nd) for people traveling with dogs and I was a little apprehensive but it was quiet, smelled fine and the staff was really friendly to us. The room was very comfy and large. The dog took the other bed! We will definitely stay there again with or without pets.

PS: The property manager has a stellar attitude toward customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo