“Our favorite restaurant”

Italian Village
Ranked #584 of 1,443 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is our favorite place to go when we want good food and fair price. Adults can easily split the dinners. We like the pizza, salad combination. We have never been disappointed by either the food or service.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My last experience here was less than stellar...7 years ago, so I decided to try again. Went with a large group of people who are rabid fans of this food...they all give it rave reviews.
I tried the best I could, but I still do not understand why anyone says this is great let alone good food. At best it might be painfully almost average, but that is it. I think any meals I have had at Olive Garden are far superior...that shows how almost average at best is not impressive.
Had a pizza bender that could easily be bested by a Hot Pocket. The salads are 90% iceberg, 5% onion, and 5% purple cabbage...again, very average. Italian dressing was good and the garlic bread was tasty, but nothing special.
Spaghetti with meat sauce and meatballs was supposedly disappointing...very large serving was maybe a quarter consumed and not boxed for later by a teenager...very telling.
Service was good considering the 20 people we had in our group. Drinks were promptly refilled and the servers were very patient...kudos to them!
Decor is meh and gives a closed in feeling.
It is true...either people love this place or they hate it...I cannot find the love.
At least they serve beer and wine now...that deserves some gold stars...well, almost.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We took a trip to salt lake with our family. We asked our FB friends for recommendations. Italian village was given rave reviews from our friends, so I checked trip advisor for their reviews. Good again. It went on the list! Sadly, it went on the list. The food is not good. We tried the fettuccini Alfredo, ravioli, and yes, the pizza benders. The ravioli was ok. Slightly better than mr. Boyardi's. the Alfredo was bad. The sauce was watered down and tasted bad. The pizza bender AKA calzone, wasn't anything special. I only at part of it, then gave it to my son, who eats everything. After one bite, he was done. The positives are that the kids meals are only $2.99. The salad that came with my wife's meal was the best part of our meal.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

The food here is authentic and very good. Try the Pizza Bender sandwiches. They are large and excellent!

1  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 5 February 2013

– As Comfortable as an Old Shoe

This place is low on decoration, ambiance, and price. If simple, cozy, and quality are important, you will like it. It is a neighborhood sort of place from half a century back.
Probably should have made that 90 years back: no wine … no alcohol.
We had Veal Parmesan and Pizza. These were as good as either of us could remember ever having.
After a full day of skiing, it was too much. Some pizza went to the hotel. Tasted great the next evening.