“Not as good as previous experiences”
Review of Log Haven

Log Haven
Reserve with OpenTable
Log Haven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,505 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 3800 South
Description: Log Haven, long synonymous with wildflowers, waterfalls and fine canyon dining, is located in a historic log mansion in the Wasatch National Forest, minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. Consistently honored with the most national and local awards in the industry: Best Utah Restaurant, Best Salt Lake Restaurant, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, and the coveted Hall of Fame Award. “This is the highest honor we can give a restaurant in Utah. It means that besides having great food, terrific ambiance and passionate people, something magical has happened to make this restaurant so consistently excellent on all fronts that it thrives as an inspiration to everyone in the business.” -Salt Lake Magazine
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was a part of a group of 10 on Monday night. I really love Log Haven. It was great ambiance, good cocktails and a very nice wine list. Unfortunately this experience was really not up to their usual standards. Two members of our table ordered the Filet med rare. In both cases the meat was really noticeably undercooked. Same experience with the skirt steak. While our server was very attentive I was surprised she didn't notice that several plates were almost untouched with the food was removed. Someone should have noticed and addressed the issue. I will probably go back but I will think twice before bringing a big group.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We’ve been going to this fantastic restaurant for years. It’s been a while since my last review and it is still 5+ stars. The setting is beautiful - walk across the street and see the water fall. The food is always terrific and the service just about perfect.
Go for an evening of dinner with a great wine list. This is also a place of beauty for a wedding or any event, summer or winter. Actually, it’s amazing in the winter.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I grew up in Utah and have spent decades going up and down the canyons to ski resorts and hiking trails among mountain streams and lakes. Among my favorite memories is Millcreek canyon, where Log Haven is nestled in the woods along Millcreek stream. The restaurant has evolved over time into a rustic, yet sophisticated and classy venue. I've been lucky enough to eat there on special occasions, including on the plaza at a friend's wedding. The food was fabulous and flavorful, and surprisingly affordable when compared to similar high-end restaurants downtown or at ski resorts. The drive up will whet your appetite as you follow a curving and well-paved two-lane road winding up the canyon through the trees with glimpses of occasional colorful rock scarps on one side and small waterfalls on the other. Any time of year, the canyon drive leaves metro hectic behind – at least it does for me! I've enjoyed listening to nature all around just outside the panorama windows of Log Haven when I've dined inside and sounds of birds and a small waterfall outside on the patio when eating outside. Whether you are a traveler or local, bon appetit!

1  Thank Andrea S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We love Log Haven, we go there for our anniversary and it is beautiful, not only is the place beautiful but they have amazing food, all of their meats are really good and their dessert are to die for. You have to get a dessert.

1  Thank Nico C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our rehearsal dinner was held here and they food was amazing and the staff made everyone feel special!
Perfect picture setting as well...

1  Thank JulsNeub