“Old favorite now only average”

Ginza Japanese Cuisine and Sushi Bar
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I visited Ginza again for the first time in probably 6 years. This little, non-descript sushi bar near downtown SLC used to be a favorite of mine and I would visit 2-3 times/year. But a job change and different travel locations have kept me away until this month. I recognized the main sushi chef, but little else. There were only a few cars parked out front when I drove up at noon for lunch. Inside there were only about 5 other guests. The atmosphere and mood seemed very subdued, with little energy. Service was slow and cumbersome. My combination bento box of sashimi and tempura was only average. The tempura was heavily breaded and fried too long. The sashimi was flavorless. I was very disappointed and will have to strike a once favorite from my "must visit" list on future trips.

1  Thank Steve M
There are newer reviews for Ginza Japanese Cuisine and Sushi Bar

Reviewed 12 March 2013

It may not be the cheapest, but its worth every cent! Try the baja sunset for one of the best rolls ive ever had anywhere.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Really nice sushi and close to down town. It's a little small so get there early for a good seat. Try their special rolls.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Most of the people I spoke to in town told me to go to Naked Fish but I decided to peek into Ginza and that was all it took. The outside looks a little run down but don't let that fool you. The inside is clean and very modern. I went in with a colleague and we asked the chef to make us something with sashimi and sushi... his choice. We were blown away. Better that Naked Fish and the service was outstanding.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Don't let it's exterior fool you. This tiny little establishment offers quality sushi at an inexpensive price. Service is very good, and food is even better! Love it love it love it!!!