“Best chai around”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Steilacoom, Washington
“Best chai around”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I am in SLC for a training and happened upon the Beehive Tea Room. What a wonderful find!! I came back the next day for a delicious green tea chai latte. Yagatta try it!!

Dallas, Texas
“Charming”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Went with my daughter and husband for a late morning cup of tea. Charming, eclectic, and homey. Spent over an hour drinking pumpkin chai latte, chocolate/orange black tea and hazelnut teas. Daughter and I opted for croissants with nutella while the hubby had fresh , just out of the oven scones! It was all excellent . I would highly recommend this charming tea house for any time of the day or evening!

• Visited December 2011
Seattle, Washington
“A Little Gem”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

While visiting family in SLC for Thanksgiving, we were trying to find places that were unique and local. We were frustrated that SLC appeared so mall and chain store/restaurant centric. We stumbled upon the Beehive Team Room and found a little treasure. Large selection of excellent tea and good food. Friendly waitstaff. Decor was a fun mix of antiques, Asian and sentimental pieces. A quiet place to talk and relax or work on a laptop. This place made our day!

• Visited November 2011
San Francisco
“Huge dinner rolls with honey butter!”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

If you like good, hot, American food, this is the place to go. Had tender pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beens, and the best puffy dinner rolls ever. Don't forget the honey butter; it's with the rest of the condiments at the end of the counter.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank sfRebecca
Atlanta, Georgia
“Adorable 1940s Throwback :)”
Reviewed 15 January 2011

After reading on various blogs about how much the SLC community loved this place, when my boyfriend and I went to visit family in the area, The Beehive Tea Room was at the top of the list for our 1 day in Salt Lake. We went to see the Mormon Temple and walked to the tearoom, it was a lovely walk, but i'd definitely wait until it wasn't quite so chilly to stroll around downtown :)

The tearoom was big and had various types of seating(booths, traditional tables, lower morocco inspired set ups, ect). I used to work at a tea house, so I'm definitely familiar with a variety of types and flavors of tea and the Beehive had so many diverse and delicious options available. My fellow and I each got a pot, one of earl grey and one of vanilla black tea and they were both so good! We also tried the Shepherd's Pie(which was amazing!!) and for dessert the scones and clotted cream(perfect with the earl grey).

The staff was so friendly and worked well with the constant stream of customers. We went on a Sunday and the crowd was both pleasant and diverse. There was a business meeting, some friends grabbing a late afternoon beer, a mother and a daughter, and a bride to be looking through the extensive books they had on the shelves. This place was perfect for just about any occasion and I'm so sad that I live across the country or I would hang out here all the time!! Next time I'm in Utah, I will definitely return!! :)

• Visited January 2011