“A gem in the heart of slc” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Seating
Salt Lake City, Utah
“A gem in the heart of slc”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

The only complaint about this place is the slow service. The ambiance is amazing and cozy. I am not impressed with their pastries. I dont think they are freshly made. I ordered peach tea and absolutely love it.

Dayton, Ohio
“Stop in or reserve a formal tea but don't miss it ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

My husband and I were in town for a meeting and, after a pre-event Sunday morning sightseeing, happened upon the Beehive. Impressed by the old-timey ambience, amazing teas and friendliness of the wait staff, we stayed for lunch. The salmon chowder is a little miracle in a bowl. Two days later some of us contacted the Beehive for a formal tea. It was enchanting and the food delectable. I’m still hearing from them about how much fun we had and what fantastic sandwiches, scones, fruit, clotted cream and petit fours we enjoyed. Wish I could return from the midwest to SLC *today* to try the pasties, pies and Pinhead Gunpowder tea at the Beehive.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank roaddog3104
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Good tea selection and cozy atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

Great tea selection and nice wait staff. The decor is very fun with lots of cozy and unique touches. I went alone on two occasions while visiting Salt Lake for the weekend and had no problem getting a table either time. I drank tea and read for awhile and had no feeling that anyone wanted me to leave so they could clear the table. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Unique atmosphere and delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My friend and I were driving around looking for someplace to eat and saw the "Official Sundance Restaurant" sign hanging in front and decided to go in. The rooms are filled with all sorts of unusual items from table lamps to porcelain, from many different styles and eras and cultures. There is an extensive tea selection, but we were really hungry and after a thorough discussion with the waitress and then the owner, both of whom were extremely friendly and helpful, we each ordered the pasties. Turns out they are from England. I mean they were actually made in England and flown here! They were amazing. I had also ordered iced tea and it was brought to me. It was brought to me still steeping. I was instructed to wait about 4 more minutes before pouring it into a tall glass of ice. It was really good too- not like the tea- flavored water one gets all too often. Desert time and we ordered the scones, which are made at the restaurant. Not too sweet, but aromatic with a bit of ginger and warm and crumbly right out of the oven, they were the real deal. Highly recommend this place.

Seattle, Washington
“Worth the wait...and you WILL wait...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

After walking around downtown SLC, UT, my partner and I came across the Beehive Tea Room after looking for a coffee house that was opened on a Sunday to no avail. We decided to go with their Chai as we had read that this was their signature drink. The woman asked if we would like to have a seat or take it to go. If you have some time on your hands, the seating is quirky. I would recommend a booth if they are available, but we settled on a small table towards the back of the restaurant. We waited for our drinks for approximately 45 minutes after ordering them. Luckily, we were going over our previous day's activities and were able to make our plans for the day ahead of us. Now, onto the review of the Chai....it was definitely worth the wait. The complexity of the spices that they use in the drink was apparent. Definitely a rich and smooth taste...and this is coming from two coffee snobs from Seattle!

• Visited January 2012