“Absolutely fabulous food and service”
Review of The Garden Cafe

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th South
Transit: Traxs light rail, Courthouse Stop
Description: A word from The Garden Cafe - Grand America Hotel Ambassador of Special Events, Ali Raafati, works hand in hand with Executive Chef Phillip Yates to make every meal in the Garden Café extraordinary. The Garden Café’s menu pays tribute to the finest “local” ingredients Utah has to offer, such as Niman Ranch beef, Morgan Valley lamb and Zoe’s Farm produce. Our famed Sunday Brunch features live jazz and time-honored favorites such as roasted prime rib of beef, jumbo shrimp, oysters on the half shell, and Alaskan King Crab for starters…and a special buffet designed just for kids! You will want to save room for the dessert display created by our award-winning Executive Pastry Chef, Jeffery de Leon. Experience the joy of sharing good food with friends and beautiful surroundings at the Garden Café (wine list and cocktail service also available).
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband and I came to the garden cafe to celebrate our first wedding anniversary on February 8th, and could not have asked for better food or service, everything from the Utah cheese tray , entrees and dessert was just divine, the service was without a doubt fantastic, they found out that it was our anniversary and the manager came over with a long stem rose and some goodies for us to take home, all in all I would come back again and again!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have always counted on the Grand America's over sized brunch or Sundays and especially on holidays. We decided to go for brunch the weekend after Christmas to avoid the crowds. Well the plan failed because it was overly busy and standing room was at a premium. We had reservations way in advance and arrived several minutes early. We gave our name to the attendants and waited...and waited! We just happened to pick the weekend of the Gay Rights Marriage Movement so I'm guessing that would be the reason they were extra busy. I asked about our seating on several occasions but it got me no where. They were filling the seats of large families first and we waited a least an hour to get seated because there were two of us and they would not sit us at a table for 4. They waited until a table for two was open! When we finally got seated there were plenty of tables for 4 people and they never did fill up through out the whole meal!
I will never ever go there again after that sort of treatment. I am looking for their email address and will forward this message to the Grand America hoping they adjust how they treat and seat people.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This was really overpriced and slow and cold. They did replace my cold food (20 minutes later) and for lunch for 2 it was $140. We did have 2 glassed of wine each (4 oz pours). Very nice people just needs to find a little more edge. They lunch special came with dessert and the bread pudding was really one of the best I have ever had. Highlight of the meal, and i am not a dessert personal.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Another Special occasion ~ My Wive's Birthday! On Sunday, January 5th, my 2 sons & I took our beloved to the Sunday Brunch at the Garden Cafe located in the Grand America Hotel. This is our special place knowing that everything will be perfect! Mr. Ali made the day very special for the Birthday Gal! He always seems to put a very special touch on every occasion!!
The Brunch menu was "outrageous"!! Rack of Lamb, Prime Rib, Sushi, Crab Legs, Shrimp, Clams, Oysters, a Great Selection from the Omelet Bar, Pork Medallions & much much more. Then the Deserts!! An Amazing Selection of Deserts to die for! My Wife was Elated with a Perfect Day....My thanks to Mr. Ali & the entire Staff at the Garden Cafe..
If you are visiting Salt Lake City make the Garden Cafe a must for their Sunday Brunch ~ You can thank me later!
I have my Visa receipt to verify my visit to the Garden Cafe.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

While visiting Salt Lake for Christmas, my family decided to celebrate our time together with brunch at The Garden Cafe. I have never had a worse brunch experience. Upon arrival for our noon reservation, we had to wait in the standing room only waiting area for 30 minutes before being seated. No one greeted us when we sat down or explained the layout of the buffet tables. Our waitress came to take our drink orders 15 minutes after we arrived and only because we asked someone to find her. In fact, our waitress only came with refills or to clear our past plates when we asked the manager to find her. The cost per person was very overpriced for the quality of food available at the buffet tables. The people working at the buffet tables were unfriendly and clearly very stressed. I will not be eating here again.