“known for coffee but I wasn't impressed”

Millcreek Coffee Roasters
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I know Millcreek is supposed to be known for the quality of their roasted whole beans. However, since I didn't buy whole beans during my visit, there's not much positive I can say about this place. My pal and I got a cappuccino and a chai, respectively, and I got a chocolate chip cookie. All three things were disappointing. My pal advised me not to get the cookie--it looked too pale--and I should have listened. It was soft and crumbly, it was too-strongly vanilla scented, and it had almost no chocolate chips in it. The milk on my cappuccino was extremely hot so that it had a slightly burnt taste to it. The chai was initially way too sweet. Whatever brand they use is very syrupy sweet and has almost no spiciness to it; they just warm up some chai syrup without adjusting with milk or anything. When we asked about changing it, it was taken too far: the staff member just opened the lid, poured out half of the chai, and then poured in milk. There was no offer to remake it from scratch, and no discussion about how to improve the way their drink tastes in future.