“Tosh.O”

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Tosh.O”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Such a great venue for shows! Every seat is great and the acoustics are phenomenal! I love coming here. There is not a lot of close parking, but there is a Trax station right in front of Abravenal Hall. Daniel Tosh was awesome.!!.

Visited May 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Remarkable”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The glass sculpture in the main reception area is beyond belief. The acoustics are incredible and from what I can tell there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Visited April 2013
Grand Junction, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No better place for a concert”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We love Abravanel Hall and were thrilled when we got tickets to A Kurt Bestor Christmas concert. If you have the chance to attend an event at Abravanel Hall, run don't walk. If you are simply in the area and want to see an amazing piece of glass sculpture, go to the main lobby and look up! You won't be disappointed.

Visited December 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Kurt Bestor Christmas Concerte at Abravanel Hall”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The acoustics are fantastic and the seating and site lines are very good. A very good place to hear great music.

Visited December 2012
Kentucky
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“Accessibility issues with non-floor seating”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Returned to Abravanel Hall for another performance. This time we were seated in the first tier balcony, along the side. Our experience was negative enough that I thought I should warn people who are contemplating attending performances in those seats.

The Hall has very odd flow. Patrons are faced with MANY stairs to get up to balcony levels, followed by a lot of walking depending on which side you're on, or offered one extremely inadequate (in terms of size, placement, & speed) elevator. The performance we attended had a fair number of elderly patrons and they really were struggling.

Once getting to the balcony, we found that they were set on a slope (for sight-lines, I'm sure), resulting in some awkward walking if you're in heels or have mobility issues. And, once seated we found the seats themselves to be far too short, even for a 5' 2" woman with moderate heels. My husband is 6' and felt like his knees were by his ears. Sight-lines from our halfway back first row first balcony seats were not great for the opera we were attending.

I imagine that the balcony seating that is parallel to the stage does not have the slope issues, but those seats are pretty far back, so I'm not sure what the visibility would be like.

The alternative to balcony seating is floor seating, which we've had on a prior visit. However, the floor seats have no center aisle, so they are not a great option if you don't want to either crawl over people or be crawled over.

After two visits to Abravanel I've concluded it is only a place I'd return to for a performance that I really wanted to see (a once in a lifetime type of thing) or for one in which sight-lines are not important. It's a shame as the building's lobby is pretty, but as a venue for performing arts, I think it's poor.

Visited October 2013