“Favorite building in SLC”

Salt Lake City Public Library
Book In Advance
More Info
US$54.00*
and up
Big City Loop Tour
Ranked #15 of 166 things to do in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The SLC Library is a gem in downtown SLC. I'm very impressed with architect Moshe Safdie's design on this one. Could spend hours in the children's section, sitting in atrium or browsing in the gift shop. A must see when visiting Salt Lake!

2  Thank McCallMom
"great place to visit"
in 7 reviews
"water features"

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This really is a cool building but because it is a public place you will find mainly homeless people in here especially during the winter. I thought the building was amazing but a little annoying that there were so many homeless just sitting around inside. I don't know how they would change this but not the library I would take my kids to. I also don't want to sound insensitive but it is a little out of control.

1  Thank Pixtonian
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The architecture is quite something to see in person, especially when the neighbouring City Hall and Leonardo are taken into consideration. Inside, the library is just as beautiful and includes a good shop and cafe. You can take the lift or stairs to the rooftop for an excellent view over the city. I would visit the library all the time if I lived in the city!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I especially enjoy the great kids' area and activities at the SLC library. And, we love the little shops in the lobby way ... especially The Library Shop ... always able to find interesting little things to buy there!

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I never like library, but this one is an exception, I can stay there for LONG for sure, so big, so nice, so bright.

Trendy building, full sunlight, many study tables/spaces. I just like there a lot.. I feel shame to say, i never like library or maybe because where I live are mostly smaller library, but then, Salt Lake one is really worth to go see and check out.

Cafe, little shops, coffee, drinks ... you just have to go check that out!

1  Thank Mochichu08