“Tabernacle Organ Recitals”

Tabernacle Organ Recitals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Half-hour recitals featuring the world-famous pipe organ in the Mormon Tabernacle are offered free of charge nearly every day of the year, holidays included. Performances take place Mondays through Saturdays at 12:00 noon, and Sundays at 2:00 p.m. A second performance is added on Mondays through Saturdays at 2:00 p.m. between Labor Day and Memorial Day. The doors open 10 minutes before each concert. Admission is free and open to all people of all ages. Those attending should come to door #11 on the east end of the Tabernacle, near the flagpole.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

A free organ recital is presented daily in this magnificent space. No tickets required, just walk right in. This is truly one of the world's finest organs, and it's a treat to hear it played so masterfully. The recital begins with a demonstration of the building's famous acoustics. The recital only lasts half an hour, so don't be late.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was the highlight of my trip. My husband was attending an event at the convention center and I was on my on. The noon organ recital was wonderful and moving. The tabernacle is amazingly beautiful. The organist did a demonstration showing the acoustics and it was awesome. The temperature was quite cool and I was glad that I had a sweater.

1  Thank Karan D
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This activity is free and open to the public. Excellent organist, good acoustics. The multi-age audience was quiet and respectful making for a lovely 30-minute respite.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Loved the recital. Gave me a new appreciation of organ music. Very comfortable setting. Loved the lighting that accompanied the music.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have heard several great organs, but I have to rate this one the best. Just be sure to get there in time to secure a seat. When the doors close - that's it! We barely made it and so happy we did!