I had to spend a week in SLC because of a conference and opted for this hotel, mainly because of the good reviews and the fact that they did offer smoking rooms. I might be used to different type of hotels, but don't quite understand all the glowing reviews.
- it is good value for money
- the hotel is fairly new and the rooms are still in good knick and spacious
- free internet. As mentioned by other reviewers, not the fastest connection but it worked.
- it's clean
- it is pretty much next to a very large homeless shelter, with constant stream of such visitors. I had no transportation and found it really uncomfortable to walk around the area. I am sure most are armless, but I didn't feel safe. Not an issue if you are driving.
- as mentioned by other reviewers, walls are incredibly thin. I could hear the guy in the next room sneeze. If you are unlucky and get a noisy neighbour, that wouldn't be good.
- they do offer free breakfast which is adequate, considering you are not paying for it, but there is no option to "upgrade" (like buying a decent cup of coffee) if you wanted to. The free dinner is useless if you are vegetarian or at all concerned about healthy eating. Again, it's free, so can't complain, but worth noting if you are relying on it.
- the housekeeping and kitchen staff are really friendly. Reception is very much hit and miss, depending on who's on shift.
I think the hotel is ok, as long as you get a decent room rate. Because of its location and the fact I don't drive, I would personally not stay here again and opt for one of the more central properties, which are not so isolated and are closer to shops, restaurant, bars and the convention centre. For families or anyone on a budget, with own transportation, it's probably a good choice. For business travellers "on foot" attending an event at the SLC Palace, probably not, as taxis can be hard to get, especially during busy conventions, and you can get comparable accommodation in a better location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand new unique and 8-time award-winning Homewood Suites by Hilton is one of Salt Lake's newest and finest all suite hotels. We are located in the heart of the vibrant Gateway district. You are within walking distance of all of the city's finest restaurants, shops, and entertainment. In addition the hotel is situated within minutes of Salt Lake's business district, airport, and governmental offices. Make the Homewood Suites Salt Lake City Downtown your "Home away from Home!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites, Slc Downtown Hotel Salt Lake City
- Homewood Suites Salt Lake City
- Homewood Salt Lake City
- Hilton Salt Lake City
- Homewood Suites Downtown
- Salt Lake City Homewood Suites
- Salt Lake City Hilton
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown North America