“Great rates, Great hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here for one night while on vacation in Utah. The hotel is conveniently located downtown within several blocks of many restaurants. The staff was friendly as well. For the price, the room was excellent. Very large with a large bathroom and full kitchen. They do not have valet service but check in was a breeze and they provide free underground parking (nice perk). I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Andrsonevn
HomeSuiteHome423, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

We appreaciate your kind review. We would love to have you back for any of your future stays!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great hotel with good location. Just not easy to navigate to the main city. No complimentary van, have to use public trains. Although free, it was still hard to go/come back to hotel. Salt Lake is an amazing city. Hotel is one of the best we have used in our cross country trip. One large problem, is the homeless are in the next block. Very scary. Glad I had my husband with me.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate your feedback. Happy and safe travels to you!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Aside from the sub par food served at during meals, and the transiet park across the street that is dangerous if traveling anywhere near the hotel on foot, I recently planned to stay at the Homewood Suites for 30 days. I checked out early due to interaction with the desk staff and the general manager. I am a veteran with a disbility and was traveling with a service animal, when I became locked out of my room, I approcaed the front desk with my service animal, the front desk manager "Sam" was very rude and accusatory, claiming my animal was pet and not a registered service animal. The dog was wearing a vest and I showed valid registration, even though not required by law, this was not enough for him apparently, because I then received a call from the General Manager, once I recieved entrance back to my room. The General Manager continued the inquisition, and making me feel both unwelcomed and incomfortable at the hotel. I met with the General Manager in person to provide my ADA registration for the animal, he continued to make me feel unwelcomed, so I found other accomidation in the area, where my Service Animal is welcomed, and I do not feel discriminated against. I always stay at Homewood Suites or Hilton Chains when I travel, and have elite status with this chain, this had unfortunately tarnished my view of this hotel and I will never stay there again, and have reported back to my company travel agency to never book our employees at this hotel thanks to the behavior of the staff.

Room Tip: ALl of the Hilton Chains in the area are far better than this hotel. The Marriott across the park of...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Samantha M

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We take your feedback and share it with the team and management so we can learn and improve our service. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is very nice but is in the worst part of the city. The second you walk out of the main lobby you get approached by homeless by the dozens. I would not take a child to this area if I was on a family trip;

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Harold C

Thank you for the review you provided. We take our guests safety and security very seriously and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We love staying at the Homewood Suites! My husband and I use it often for our "staycations" with our two kids. We are always welcomed and greeted with a smile! The staff goes out of their way to make us feel safe and comfortable. Great location in downtown SLC. My daughter alwasy looks forward to breakfast in the "pretty room downstairs" We will forever be Homewood Suites Customers! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lapriel H

We love being your choice hotel for your "staycation" we will strive to keep up the service you expect and serving yummy breakfasts in the "pretty room" downstairs. Thank you for taking the time to share with us!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We always stay at this hotel in our frequent visits to Salt Lake City. Its downtown location and excellent amenities provide us with the perfect experience. As former Utah residents, we enjoy revisiting some of our favorite live theatre venues and restaurants while we are in town. This hotel allows us to walk to these locations, eliminating the need to find convenient parking and pay parking fees. We love the weekday evening light meals and the breakfasts that are included in the price of the room, which is low compared to similar properties in the area. The suites with full kitchens, separate sitting area, television, and free wireless or wired internet make us feel like we are at home. After doing our research and visiting several other hotels in the immediate area, we chose this one and have never looked back. We have already booked stays for our upcoming visits. I highly recommend this hotel if you will be staying in Salt Lake and would like access to the downtown area.

2  Thank Ambivalent_Traveler

Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We loved the hotel! It was clean and welcoming. The service was great and they were always very helpful. Overall, my husband and I couldn't say enough nice thing s about the hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomeSuiteHome423, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

We love hearing about your great stay! We would love to have you back again soon!