“Do not stay here! Thievery amuck!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Rock Springs, Wyoming
“Do not stay here! Thievery amuck!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Arrived late and left early the next morning, our quick in and out for a good night's rest turned into a nightmare. I feared for my children as screams and cries awake us @2am, police and rescue arrive wheeling out a man just a few doors down. It was terribly noisy, frightening and sketchy to say the least. The next morning at breakfast there was no place to sit and eat because half the dining area was taped off?? Precede to leave, load up our car only to find it broken into, window busted out, posesssions stolen. There were no security cams or night guards at the parking entry or even hotel key to use the elevator. Anyone could access it which is scary! Only good thing to recommend this hotel, the staff helped clean glass out of our car and tape the window so we could be on our way. Police wouldn't even come:( do not stay here!

• Stayed May 2014
HomeSuiteHome423, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience. We would appreciate an opportunity to try and take such a sour taste away from your stay. Please contact any one of our hotel management for further assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bristol, Rhode Island
Reviewed 8 May 2014

It was great to walk in the door after 5 months and have people recognize me, makes you feel very welcomed. All hotels should have someone like Amanda at it, she made me feel at home. The Food and the rooms were great, as well as the location.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor for the pool, hot tub and grille!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review! We love having you back. We always want to strive to keep you our loyal guests happy and well fed. Thank you for continuing to come home to us.
Kirkland, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our family celebrated our Uncles 80th birthday party their at the hotel and we were treated royally! We had a great time with the staff, using the facilities and the convenient downtown location for entertainment and other restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We love your review! What a memorable way to celebrate. Thank you for trusting us with such a special occassion. Hope to see you again soon!
Grass Valley, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This property is fantastic. Close to the convention center where the action was for our trip. The front staff were fantastic and so incredibly accommodating to our needs (we requested early check in and late check out!). I have one complaint and that was the hot breakfast, the eggs especially, was rather nasty. I had to stick with bagels and oatmeal which was OK for me anyway. The room was clean and beautifully decorated and the housekeeping staff were excellent and seemed pleasant. Nice experience overall.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time so share such a kind review. We will work on the eggs and hope you return to us again in the near future!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here for one night while on vacation in Utah. The hotel is conveniently located downtown within several blocks of many restaurants. The staff was friendly as well. For the price, the room was excellent. Very large with a large bathroom and full kitchen. They do not have valet service but check in was a breeze and they provide free underground parking (nice perk). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrsonevn
We appreaciate your kind review. We would love to have you back for any of your future stays!
Cool, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great hotel with good location. Just not easy to navigate to the main city. No complimentary van, have to use public trains. Although free, it was still hard to go/come back to hotel. Salt Lake is an amazing city. Hotel is one of the best we have used in our cross country trip. One large problem, is the homeless are in the next block. Very scary. Glad I had my husband with me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate your feedback. Happy and safe travels to you!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Aside from the sub par food served at during meals, and the transiet park across the street that is dangerous if traveling anywhere near the hotel on foot, I recently planned to stay at the Homewood Suites for 30 days. I checked out early due to interaction with the desk staff and the general manager. I am a veteran with a disbility and was traveling with a service animal, when I became locked out of my room, I approcaed the front desk with my service animal, the front desk manager "Sam" was very rude and accusatory, claiming my animal was pet and not a registered service animal. The dog was wearing a vest and I showed valid registration, even though not required by law, this was not enough for him apparently, because I then received a call from the General Manager, once I recieved entrance back to my room. The General Manager continued the inquisition, and making me feel both unwelcomed and incomfortable at the hotel. I met with the General Manager in person to provide my ADA registration for the animal, he continued to make me feel unwelcomed, so I found other accomidation in the area, where my Service Animal is welcomed, and I do not feel discriminated against. I always stay at Homewood Suites or Hilton Chains when I travel, and have elite status with this chain, this had unfortunately tarnished my view of this hotel and I will never stay there again, and have reported back to my company travel agency to never book our employees at this hotel thanks to the behavior of the staff.

Room Tip: ALl of the Hilton Chains in the area are far better than this hotel. The Marriott across the park of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Samantha M
I am sorry to hear about your experience. We take your feedback and share it with the team and management so we can learn and improve our service. Thank you for sharing your experience.