“Terrible Service”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 25 July 2014

THe staff and service here were terrible. I usually love Homewood Suites but I would stay clear of this one. It is also about a block away from where hundreds of people just sitting on the sidewalk smoking crack or heroine out in public and lots of people harassing guests. Terrible place to stay with incompetent staff.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our family traveled to Salt Lake City to check out the University of Utah where our son will be attending in the fall. Our Hotel room was very comfortable and was the best fit we ever had in addressing her wheelchair bound handicap. In addition the another one of our sons was feeling the effects of altitude sickness and the staff assisted us in quickly finding walk-in medical assistance.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed Downtown SLC on Saturday night at the amazing Grand American on my dime...well worth the money but needed to downsize the $$ for the rest of my company sponsored stay. Sunday drove to this location to find fifty or more homeless people on the streets outside and near the hotel... homeless shelter and clinic in this area. Sam apologized and said the police (who have a small station in the Hotel - does that say anything?) had stirred things up and things will be back to normal and I could park my car in the guarded underground parking garage... on Monday I didn't see the guard - but you can access all floors from the garage elevator without a room key! Pioneer Park, lovely except the inhabitants and garbage bins, is on the way walking to downtown.. I am an experienced traveler and stay this brand and was very surprised to have to write a negative review after seeing all the positive ones.. Sam was very nice and helpful and accepted that I would move on next day (to another Hilton property). Personally I would stay somewhere else..

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere..
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I would recommend this hotel for family or business trips. Evening reception was exceptional. Little pricey but dinner & breakfast need to be considered when traveling with a family. For long term stay the kitchen would be quite beneficial for working folks or families.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Wonderful hotel. Convenient location to all downtown attractions. Walk to Temple, Arena, many dining choices. Staff is friendly. I especially like the full size fridge and stove. There is also a grill by the pool available for use.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and loved the service. This time around I came with my family and used the pool. DO NOT USE THE POOL OR THE SPA!!! It was not maintained. I went into the pool with my goggles on and I saw bugs, leaves and all sorts of debris. My kids really wanted to swim due to the hot weather so I started to clean the pool with the net that was on the side of the gate. After 10 minutes of walking in the water to clear out the dead bugs and other debris I gave up. Every time I walk in the water I kicked up more debris from the bottom of the pool. If you want to stay at a good hotel and don't care for a pool or a spa then this is the one for you. Cannot say anything bad about the support from the staff, but the pool needs to be cemented over.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I am a business traveler that frequents many hotels in different destinations worldwide. At first glance I wasn't sure that I would enjoy my stay in Salt Lake City, due to the lack of "cultural diversity" and what I thought would be outright boredom. I was totally wrong about the latter. The location of the Homewood was fairly well placed. The park across the street has many different types of visitors that occupy it. Within walking distance was a lot of food places and bars. Other than the area, what made my stay the best was the courteous and very friendly staff. Check in was fast and simple, the gym was way better than any "on site" gym I had used in years. The rooms were very clean and the parking was free! I would recommend and stay there anytime I visit the Salt Lake area. I was so fond of the hotel that I stayed there despite my daily commute to Saratoga Springs (roughly 30 min each way). Amber was an amazing hostess and gave me some awesome recommendations for dining and sightseeing. Very stress-free and positive experience!

1  Thank Jay L
Travellers also viewed these Salt Lake City hotels
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - East
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake...
#14 of 77 in Salt Lake City
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Dow...
#40 of 77 in Salt Lake City

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Downtown? Share your experiences!