“Terrible Service.”

SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Wanting to be closer to family, we booked this room through an online website. Because of the staff's incompetency, it was the worst experience I've had in hotels in over 30 years. They messed up the billing from the get go, and tried to pass it off as my problem or the problem of the website I booked through. I had expected to spend time with my family in my suite, but instead, was forced to stand in the lobby for over an hour for no fault of my own. It was ridiculous.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank the_captain_85
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Downtown

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Great place to stay close to downtown. Very comfortable beds in the Room. My rating is probably more like a 3.5, there are just a few areas that need improvement. The breakfast was not very good, the eggs were powdered and not very tasty, though they did have good seasoning to put on them. The poos was probably the smallest I have ever seen in hotel, but overall the say was nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Seems like they are going after the Hyatt Place kind of crowd, but fall short. You can see the corners they cut, but still a good hotel.Do not understand how they got a "4" ranking. They are a "3" at best. Maybe that is why I scored them as a "Good", as I may have been expecting more.

Staff was very good.

Rube

Room Tip: Expect Noise
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I love Marriott properties because there aren't usually any surprises - you know what you're going to get. We spent 5 nights at the Springhill Suites (downtown) in Salt Lake City last month and really enjoyed our stay. Our room was spacious, with a separate seating area, mini fridge and microwave. This was helpful as we needed to be at the Salt Palace Convention Center at 7 am some mornings, and we could eat in our room if the resatuarant wasn't open (6:30 am during the week, 7 am on the weekend.) The bed was very comfortable and our room (in the back of the property, 4th floor) was quiet. I had called the hotel prior to our arrival to request the quietest room available, as I don't tend to sleep well when traveling. I slep well in this hotel. Breakfast in the morning was good - not spectacular - and on two of the days the breakfast person was either late or didn't come in which meant no or delayed hot food/OJ/etc when we were there. The hotel was very clean, had a laundry room (coin operated) with 2 washers and dryers. We really enjoyed the breakfast area as a gathering spot at other times of the day and evening. The airport shuttle is a plus and all of the drivers were very nice and professional. The fitness room is nice, with two treadmills and an elliptical machine.

There's a Starbucks around the corner, along with a nail salon (I got a great manicure ). Enterprise Rent A Car was a block away and I rented a car at the last minute. Free parking at this hotel. I will definitely stay here again if we return to Salt Lake City.

Room Tip: My room on the 4th floor facing the back of the hotel was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

All suites in a comfortable new room layout vs the standard hotel room. This hotel is very new and I am writing this as I enjoy the sparking hot tub with a cold beer purchased at the state run liquor store 4 blocks away. I have been giving Marriotts a try again after some bad Holiday Inns and Hamptons and I think I may have a new favorite when in SLC. Comfortable beds, quick interweb speeds and a flat screen TV that you can see from the desk, couch, or bed. Loving it and plan to stay here again and again!

Room Tip: Get a King on the east side for low noise from the streets.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Hotel was very clean and room size was good. They only have double or king size beds no Queen size. Beds were uncomfortable and bathroom lighting was poor. This hotel is downtown so there is lots of traffic noise, their hotel overview says soundproof windows but they are not. Really nice to have a sitting area in every room. Breakfast was good and with lots of choices. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful with dining options in the area. It is close to shopping and resturants.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This was a very middle of the road springhill suites. Onsite Laundry - $2.00 washer/dry and u have to buy your own detergent. They keep running out of quarters at the front desk - so BRING YOUR OWN roll of quarters if you plan to do laundry. Other than that, the washer/dryer works perfectly. Breakfast selection is also average. This hotel is a bit dated - rooms/hallways. Elevator was UNUSUALLY SLOW. The water is "soft water" - which makes ur hands slimy and hard to rinse soap off your skin. (but that might be an area issue rather than hotel issue)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business