“Pleasantly Surprised - Worked Well for Snowboarding”

SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I was a bit hesitant based on the reviews, but everything turned out a-ok. Neighborhood felt safe, parking was convenient. The front desk was very friendly. I especially liked the lady who checked me in on Friday afternoon. Wish I got her name. She always smiled when I walked past her.

There's a free ski and snowboard storage locker room around the corner from the front desk - ask about it. Also, the discount lift ticket shops are like 1 block away.

Wi-fi worked well and wasn't slow - unlike many other hotels.

Loved the free hot breakfast. Items included: Cereal & milk, yogurt, bagels, danishes, toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, waffle maker, apples, and bananas.

As for the rooms themselves, unfortunately ours smelled a bit of smoke. The front desk offered to switch me to another room, but we declined since it really wasn't bad. I asked them to clean it out and it helped a bit, but the smell still lingered. It was tolerable.

I thought the double beds were a bit too soft for my liking. I would have preferred a firmer bed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank charcharLA
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Downtown

Reviewed 21 January 2013

My son's hockey team stayed here while in town for a tournament. Upon check in we were told this property has had a lot of problems with visiting hockey teams. Ironic, since they are on the list of recommeded properties from Traveling Teams/Grizz Cup. If you are thinking of staying here for this type of event, I suggest you look elsewhere. The hotel was full of hockey families, but we sure didn't feel welcome, more of a burden. Hotel rules are strictly enforced. Next year, we'll find somewhere else.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tinalovestravel
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Great location, I found it easy to get to everywhere and anywhere in the city from motel. Not far from the airport, but right at edge of the high rise district. They have free parking and a safe well light parking lot with easy access to your vehicle. Great staff, they really make you feel welcome. Beds are perfect rooms are nice hot showers and quite rooms.

Room Tip: Their breakfast was ok but their location to the city is the best.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Goat2003
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Hotel was nice and staff was nice. It was quiet. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I would stay here again if I needed to stay around that area. Free breakfast, free parking and free wifi. Rooms included a microwave and a small refrigerator!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Hotel appears nice and is close to downtown and is within walking distance to several places to eat including movie theatre. However first room was too noisy for me being close to kitchen area then they had to move me to a handicap room which was near stairwell and real door. Beds weren't that comfortable, but is okay for a night.

Room Tip: Cheap and manageable but if you want more comfort and amenities then look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank gone247travels
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Upon arriving at the Hotel I was greated by a girl at the front desk (Cheyenne) who was friendly and inviting. She was quick to check me in and I was grateful for it after the long day of traveling that I had done.

The room, to my pleasant suprise, was a good size and I could see many people being able to stay in it with out a problem. The bed was comfortable and clean and easy to sleep on (which is really nice after you have been on and off planes all day).

The only down side to the hotel was the girl at the front desk in the morning (Natalie). I found her rude and unwilling to help me with finding a resturant for the morning. Her response when I asked was that she did not live in downtown so she didn't know.

Overall the trip was pleasant and the staff was wonderful with one expection. So if you do stay there, just stay clear of Natalie and you will have a great trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank traveljunkie1790
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Great hotel, with staff 2nd to none. Within walking distance to the new City Creek Center & Temple Square. Front desk staff broke out the hot chocolate for us, even though the breakfast center was closed; it was unseasonably cold during our stay, and we were freezing from walking from our evening downtown. Usual wonderful service Marriott is known for; we will definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family