“Great lodging experience.”

Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Austin, Texas
“Great lodging experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Just needed a place to crash for a night out downtown. This hotel was perfect! The room we got was spacious and comfortable. The hotel was clean and welcoming. I'm kind of a Starbucks junkie, so it was great that there was a Starbucks right next door! I was also nice that the hotel was relatively close to the Trax. I will definitely stay again when I need a place downtown. Please thank your staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Asher P
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time review our property. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests and we are happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you are a fan of our location and the Starbucks in the parking lot! If there is anything we could have done better during your stay, please feel free to contact me personally.

801-364-5200

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Randlett, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

HGI is a very nice hotel with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. I can't recall if the hotel has HDTV. When I want to relax I enjoy watching HDTV. What I don't appreciate is the huge hike in rates during busy times.Those of us who show our loyalty by staying at HGI should not have to pay the increased rates unless we ask for a specific room like a suite which costs a little more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests and we are happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. Just to clarify, the rooms are indeed equiped with HDTV. If there is anything we could have done better during your stay, please feel free to contact me personally.

Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband and I went to Salt Lake City to visit a friend and were hoping to drive to Yellowstone Park (4-5 hrs) for a few days. We had a Jr Suite which was lovely. Hotel facilities were excellent with a good exercise room and a nice pool which was unfortunately having some work done on it during our stay. They had a small restaurant and bar which we enjoyed. They also had both a marvelous buffet breakfast or you could order from a menu. Easy to get to downtown SLC . Front desk staff gave us some great recommendations for sight seeing. Unfortunately Yellowstone was closed due to government shutdown so we decided to extend our stay in the area -- hotel was close to fully occupied but the staff worked with us to get us a room even though we had to move. They also accommodated an early shuttle run to the airport for us. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Debby S
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests and we are happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I'm so glad to hear that we were able to accomodate your change in itinerary. I apologize for the pool not being available for your use, though. If there is anything we could have done better during your stay, please feel free to contact me personally.

west valley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Just a getaway from the kids and this is a great place to stay. Everything was clean and the very warming environment. the staff was incredibly knowledgeable of the area and of their own hotel. Including the kitchen staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased to hear that your experience here was a pleasant one. I know how important those short get-aways from the kids can be, and I am glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and relaxing. My staff and I value the comments and suggestions of each of our guests. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything we could do to make your next stay with us even better than the last.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Salt Lake City area or when you just need another night away from the kiddos.

West Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is a very good property, with comfortable rooms and quick access to local dining and attractions. The breakfast is better than most HGIs, with a short menu offered rather than the normal checklist. My wife used the exercise room and was very pleased. The staff was as competent and friendly as any I've experienced.

I wavered on 4 vs. 5 stars for 2 reasons:
1) If you get a king sized bed, they use those dial your hardness mattresses. It didn't mattered where we dialed ours, it felt like a cushion top on sand. I'd prefer a traditional mattress.
2) Rooms on the West Side have a fairly unattractive view. Given the neighborhood that's unavoidable, but if you want pleasant views out your window go for a room facing East.

They have wonderful Jacuzzi rooms available which are great for a romantic weekend. But the compromise on those is they are on the side of the hotel with the less desirable view.

Room Tip: East side for the views. Jacuzzi suites are wonderful.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased to hear that your experience here was a pleasant one. My staff and I value the comments and suggestions of each of our guests. I apologize that you didn't find our Garden Sleep System beds desirable, but glad that everything else about the hotel made up for the discomfort. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything we could do to make your next stay with us even better than the last.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Salt Lake City area.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way back home from Reno. We didn't have a reservation but the front desk staff was very accommodating. They said they would give us a room on a quiet floor and it was a great room. Very clean and updated. I would stay here again when we are in salt lake.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Bfreeze67
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased to hear that your experience here was a pleasant one. My staff and I value the comments and suggestions of each of our guests. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything we could do to make your next stay with us even better than the last.

Elko, Nv, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had a medical emergency that forced us to travel from Elko, NV to Salt Lake. The patient was released at 6:00 am, I had already been up for more than 24 hours and needed some sleep before attempting the three-hour drive back to Elko. I called Hilton HHonors to see if we could get a room in the Salt Lake area and the very helpful operator I got contacted the Hilton Garden Inn and arranged for a room at short notice at a great rate due to our circumstances. The manager at the Hilton Garden Inn was also absolutely terrific and offered us the room through the night if we wanted it. The only complaint I had is that the room we were in was fairly noisy (first floor and you could hear traffic outside) and the windows needed better placement of curtains to block sunlight. I was also somewhat concerned about security in the open parking lot at the downtown location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Tj R
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. All of our staff strive to provide the best service possible to our guests and I am pleased to see that we were able to achieve this during your stay.

Thank you again for your input as it is with guest comments that we are able to better our daily operations. I apologize about the noise in the room. I hope that the rest of your stay made up for the inconvenience. If there is anything further we may assist you with or if you have any further comments, please don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.