“Family Ski trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great hotel. Convenient to downtown and skiing. We enjoy the ability to either walk or drive to nearby restaurants. There are a variety to choose from. You are also close to the 2 downtown malls and performing arts venues.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanette S
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. The hotel is located downtown and right next to great local places to eat, see, etc. The two downtown malls close to us are the new City Creek and The Gateway Mall. We hope to see you again at our hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My favorite SLC business hotel for the past few years. Good location. Newer, clean, modern, excellent service, work out facility up to par and restaurant fits the bill for breakfast and dinner. I would recommend this hotel for business or personal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our amenitities. Our jacuzzi, pool, fitness and business center are open 24 hours. I'm glad you enjoyed our resturants food, it's open every night 5-10 for dinner; they do room service with no additional cost. They are also open for breakfast 6-10am weekdays and 6:30-11am on weekends. We hope to see you again. Thank you for your business and kind words

Reviewed 6 April 2014

stayed 2 nights and everything was excellent. we forgot to get milk for out baby, so we called the front desk and they brought some up for us at no charge. staff was amazing. The pool and hot tube were nice and clean. The breakfast was great and only cost us $23 for a family of 6.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and the amenities. Our hot tub, pool, business and fitness center are all open 24 hours. Our breakfast is served from 6-10am weekdays and 6:30-11am on weekends. It is cooked to serve all you can eat. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

What more can you ask for in a hotel but quiet, clean, and comfortable? I personally appreciate a complimentary breakfast (not available here) but other than that this hotel made for a very enjoyable stay. It was centrally located for a quick drive to The Gateway outdoor mall and I'm sure the rest of downtown Salt Lake City. Not sure how close it would be walking places if you were there without a car. Short drive to the airport (<10 minutes).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Breakfast is cooked to serve all you can eat, served from 6-10am weekdays and 6:30-11am weekends. We are only a couple blocks from downtown Salt Lake City. We also have a complimentary shuttle that runs from the airport and back, that runs 24 hours. We hope to see you agian soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I were looking for a nice hotel with an indoor pool to stay in for a few days with our 2 young sons while we explored Salt Lake City. This hotel was easy to find, had great staff and the rooms were well appointed and clean. The bed was very comfortable and all the amenities were top notch. The room service and indoor pool were great and we really enjoyed ourselves. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry D
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We are right off the exit of the freeway, which makes it easy to find. Our pool and jacuzzi are also open 24 hours along with our fitness and business center. We have an excellent resturant in our hotel and they do room service from 5-10pm every night. We hope to see you agian soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Got in late last night and the second floor smelled like sulphur. No one knew why. Then the air conditioner took 5 hours to lower the temperature 5 degrees so I could sleep. Got up this morning and all I wanted was some hot water for my tea, but I couldn't get the coffee-maker to make hot water. I wandered downstairs in my slippers and tea cup, got some water and mentioned to the front desk, "I couldn't get the coffee-maker to heat water." The very nice woman at the counter said, "Yeah, that thing never works unless you do everything in perfect sequence." Unfortunately, the instructions were vague and hard-to-see.

On the plus side, the night clerk and front desk morning lady were unfailingly nice. Something about Mormons, I think.

In any case, next time for $289/night I will probably stay at the Monaco.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gtsaperstein

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I apologized for the stay you had, I can understand your frusterations. I will have a meeting with my maintenance staff aout the air conditioner and see what happened that night about sulfur. I promise our hotel smells normal and it is 100% smoke-free. I also apologize for the coffee maker not working to your liking. I hope that we can prove ourselves the next time you stay here and can enjoy the room and hotel better. I apologize again for the inconvenience with the variety of things. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We only had a short stay at the HGI in downtown Salt Lake City, UT; however, it was enjoyable and memorable. While the hotel is several years old, one would not know it based on the condition of the property. Everything is spotless and neat. The rooms are well appointed with flat screen TVs and easy access to the internet with free access. Bathrooms are very clean with fluffy towels and good quality toiletries. Each room has a refrigerator and microwave oven for personal use. The beds are adjustable and every bit as good as ours at home with pillows firm enough to enjoy, but not too firm. The service is attentive, but not annoying. The breakfast buffet options, including hot items, were plentiful and appetizing and included attentive and excellent service. Each of the hot items we ordered was prepared exactly as we ordered. The hotel is located near downtown, while not being in the middle of downtown. The location provides easy access for downtown activities or appointments, yet it is an easy drive to the many ski slopes surrounding Salt Lake City. Our stay was as close to perfect and we could ask. We readily and heartily recommend this hotel for your visit to Salt Lake City, UT and suggest that you try it on your next visit to Salt Lake City. We will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you for taking the tme to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast, it is cooked to serve, all you can eat. We have it open from 6-10am on weekdays and 6:30-11am on weekends. Our other amenitites like our fitness center, business center, and pool/jacuzzi are open 24 hours. Thank you for our loyalty and we hope to see you again soon.