“Perfect location to downtown”

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Las Vegas, United States
“Perfect location to downtown”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Easy access to and from airport. In the downtown so you can walk to restaurants. Near freeways to get where you need to go! Staff super friendly and at your service! Facilities are very warm and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Nicholas P
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best guest service to all of our guests and we are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our Hotel when you stayed with us. If there was anything we could have done better to have made your stay more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We usually avoid big city hotels, but based on other folks' reviews, we decided to give this property a try. Our room was quiet and the staff members were, without exception, exceedingly helpful. The location is not only close to the airport, but all major attractions.........such as the Mormon Property (An extraordinary experience!), and a very excellent Budget car rental outlet is just around the corner.........with vehicles at less cost than at the airport. It is hard to imagine that either a leisure or business party would not appreciate this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms off of 600 street to avoid traffic noise.
1 Thank WhisperWinds
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best guest service to all of our guests and we are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our Hotel. If there was anything we could have done better to have made your stay more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Hilton Garden hotels are very nice with friendly, helpful staff. Became a member after our vacation due to their great hotels! We stayed on main floor near pool and laundry facilities. We were on a road trip so laundry facilities were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best guest service to all of our guests and we are happy to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy our pool and I'm happy to hear that our laundry facility was an extra perk for you. If there was anything we could have done better to have made your stay more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoyed the amenities at this hotel. A very clean and modern hotel with a great staff. Beds were comfortable, good quality bed linens, soft towels and a clean bathroom - just what you want in a hotel. The a/c unit was a little noisy but we had cool weather and just shut it off overnight. We used the pool, hot tub, exercise room and I did some laundry before we left. The breakfast buffet was first class. Free parking was a definite plus too. Close to the Amtrak station.

1 Thank 642kristinag
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best guest service to all of our guests and we are happy to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy our Hotel and all our amenities as well. If there was anything we could have done better to have made your stay more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.
Albany, NY
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here in April for a convention. Although the main part of downtown is in walking distance, Salt Lake City's blocks are pretty big compared to your average city block so plan accordingly. The UTA light rail station was nearby if you wanted to take mass transit.

The hotel itself was very clean, quiet, and had a lot of good amenities such as in room wifi and a pool and workout room. The business center was also well stocked and there is a cafe in the lobby.

We did have a little issue at checkin when the type of room we reserved was not available but that was quickly corrected by the manager in a show of excellent customer service.

There are some fast food dining options nearby but head closer to downtown for nicer restaurants.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the mountains, get a room facing east
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank NYTravelcritic
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best guest service to all of our guests and we are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our Hotel and all our amenities as well. I apologize for the issue you encountered during check in but I'm glad we were able to fix the problem for you. If there was anything we could have done better to have made your stay more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.
Saint George
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Deceptive advertising-"Free complimentary internet" was slow and not really usable for todays standards. They wanted me to pay a premium price for the wifi upgrade. Nowhere on their website does it state that you have to pay extra for faster internet. It only says; "Free Complimentary Internet." Also no type of breakfast was included, not even cereal. When I found out breakfast was not included I had to run around late at night, in a dark strange town, to get my family something to eat the next morning. A sign in the elevator said: "If you're not completely satisfied, you don't pay." Untrue. The manager refused to work with me on any complaint I had. Even the slummiest of hotels gives you some kind of included breakfast. They didn't advertise a free breakfast but my family was really upset when I had to break the news to them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your response. I am so sorry that your stay wasn't up to the expectations. I appreciate your feedback and letting us make it right and resolve the situation. We hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Salt Lake City.

Marianna Gamboa
salt lake city, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

great location - right downtown. Easy to walk to places to dine. Access to interstate was close by far away enough to be free of the noise. Rooms clean and comfy. The hotel smelled fresh and staff was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business