“Best Value and Best Customer Service, Period!”

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 25 June 2014

As I approached the desk for check-in, the General Manager was behind the counter and could tell from my luggage (military) that it was my group that arrived. She welcomed us by our first names before we even told her who we were. Somebody else brought out fresh lemon water and we were offered bottled water for our stay. The lobby was clean and had snacks, coffee, and very nice lounge furniture. The rooms the were excellent, clean, and had all the amenities I want when staying in a hotel. Most importantly, the technology was great. Plenty of plug-ins in easy to access locations, a nice big-screen TV, and best of all - free internet that actually worked! Again, free internet that actually worked! The location was also exceptional and downtown was a quick 8 - 10 minute walk. This hotel is located downtown itself, but it only takes 10 minutes to walk to the Temple Square area. Great customer service, great lobby, great value, great stay. I'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Crag_Traveler
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best guest service to all of our guests and we are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

If there was anything we could have done better to have made your stay more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great location to base your trip to Salt Lake, for your trip into the Wasatch. Walking distance to Temple Square and Light rail. Within 40 minutes to all the Ski resorts by car, which are beautiful in the summer I might Add! Hotel was spotless clean, from the lobby to the rooms. Staff was on the spot and on the ball!!!! Free on demand shuttle from the Airport which is less than 10 minutes. One note on the shuttle, going back to the airport it runs on the hour from the hotel. Many,many,many choices for food in and around the hotel within a short stroll. Enjoyed our stay and will be back!

Room Tip: Top floor front of hotel for your views of the Wasatch mountains.
1  Thank jvgaz

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is up to date and very beautiful. From the time we walked into the lobby to walking into our room, we were very impressed. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub area was very clean and enjoyable.

1  Thank Kent B

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I found this hotel to be clean, pleasant and provide everything needed to make for a comfortable home base for conducting business in the Salt Lake City area. The staff is unusually helpful, friendly and polite and the location was very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert G

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I spent a night at this hotel in June 2014. Ditto on all previous comments. My big takeaway from the stay was the cheerful and pleasant attitudes of the employees, especially in the restaurant for breakfast. My coffee cup was never more than half-empty! The room was kept pleasantly cool by the powerful air conditioning. The proximity to R & R Barbecue is also a big plus, if you are a barbecue fan walk the three-quarters-of-a-block to this place kitty-corner to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dave1013

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is very newly built. It is convenient to the interstate and downtown. The Copper Bowl Indian Cuisine (excellent) restaurant is just across the parking lot, as is Starbucks (hooray!). We had a room on the top floor. It was very clean, had wonderful feather pillows, and we did not hear a sound from anywhere all night. It was a very relaxing stay and we will stay there again.

Room Tip: The top floor was very quiet.
1  Thank jbagby
GeneralManagerSLC, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel. My staff and I are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved our location and hospitality. We do our best to make every floor and every room as quiet and comfortable as possible for our guests. I am very glad to hear that we were able to accomplish that for you. We will look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Salt Lake area.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We came tearing into SLC late (after 10pm) and this place was SO easy to find! Located just off of I- 15, just past the 80W connection, it was a relief to not have to search for our hotel.
A relatively new property, it is sparkling clean with a beautiful restaurant next to the ENORMOUS lobby. Breakfast is not free, however, but complimentary coffee is always available.

The room was clean, nicely decorated and had a good view of the mountains (ask for that) - Our room was on the 3rd floor with a super comfy King bed, and while I usually insist on the top floor for noise reasons, the Concierge insisted that the hotel is quiet and I went along. She was right, we didn't hear a peep all night, from the parking lot, from the hallway, or from above us.

We threw on our swim suites and headed down to the jacuzzi - just the thing to cure a long day on the road - only to find it lukewarm. The pool was, too. (Both indoor, clean and spacious, btw.) We let the night clerk know and called it a day.

The next morning we called down to see if it had been fixed, but alas, the heater was out and scheduled for repair that afternoon. Too late for us, but they were kind enough to offer us free breakfast, which we declined, so they just went ahead discounted our stay further (beyond the $89 AAA rate we'd already gotten). Very nice.

Overall, I wish every hotel experience was this pleasant. Friendly, knowledgeable staff and all the little amenities that make your day a little easier - a ton of free-rolling luggage carts available, big fluffy towels (in the room and at the pool), a hairdryer not connected to the wall! The only thing that would have made it perfect was if I'd gotten a good soak in that darned jacuzzi!

1  Thank A D
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time and sending us a review of our hotel. I was so happy to hear that we were easy to find, you had a quiet sleep and you found our hotel clean and spacious. We appologize about the jaccuzzi heater. We had to overnight a part to have it repaired. Thank you for letting us make it right.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist you in the future.