“Grand Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Worland WY, United States
“Grand Hotel”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Overall our stay was very nice. It is convenient to downtown and all the well known eating establishments. Parking is free and adequate. The staff was very friendly and the dispensing of water bottles was a nice bit. Our great grandchildren enjoyed the pool every day. Our children enjoyed the spa and the exercise room. I want to make a comment about the bathroom accessories. They were all Neutrogena products and I was impressed with this. Overall our stay was rated excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best guest service to all of our guests and we are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

If there was anything we could have done better to have made your stay more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Marianna Gamboa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Clarendon Hills, Illinois
Reviewed 25 June 2014

As I approached the desk for check-in, the General Manager was behind the counter and could tell from my luggage (military) that it was my group that arrived. She welcomed us by our first names before we even told her who we were. Somebody else brought out fresh lemon water and we were offered bottled water for our stay. The lobby was clean and had snacks, coffee, and very nice lounge furniture. The rooms the were excellent, clean, and had all the amenities I want when staying in a hotel. Most importantly, the technology was great. Plenty of plug-ins in easy to access locations, a nice big-screen TV, and best of all - free internet that actually worked! Again, free internet that actually worked! The location was also exceptional and downtown was a quick 8 - 10 minute walk. This hotel is located downtown itself, but it only takes 10 minutes to walk to the Temple Square area. Great customer service, great lobby, great value, great stay. I'll be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Crag_Traveler

Atlanta,Ga.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great location to base your trip to Salt Lake, for your trip into the Wasatch. Walking distance to Temple Square and Light rail. Within 40 minutes to all the Ski resorts by car, which are beautiful in the summer I might Add! Hotel was spotless clean, from the lobby to the rooms. Staff was on the spot and on the ball!!!! Free on demand shuttle from the Airport which is less than 10 minutes. One note on the shuttle, going back to the airport it runs on the hour from the hotel. Many,many,many choices for food in and around the hotel within a short stroll. Enjoyed our stay and will be back!

Room Tip: Top floor front of hotel for your views of the Wasatch mountains.
1 Thank jvgaz

Riverton, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is up to date and very beautiful. From the time we walked into the lobby to walking into our room, we were very impressed. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub area was very clean and enjoyable.

1 Thank Kent B

Ridgewood, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I found this hotel to be clean, pleasant and provide everything needed to make for a comfortable home base for conducting business in the Salt Lake City area. The staff is unusually helpful, friendly and polite and the location was very convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Robert G

Juneau, AK
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I spent a night at this hotel in June 2014. Ditto on all previous comments. My big takeaway from the stay was the cheerful and pleasant attitudes of the employees, especially in the restaurant for breakfast. My coffee cup was never more than half-empty! The room was kept pleasantly cool by the powerful air conditioning. The proximity to R & R Barbecue is also a big plus, if you are a barbecue fan walk the three-quarters-of-a-block to this place kitty-corner to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dave1013

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is very newly built. It is convenient to the interstate and downtown. The Copper Bowl Indian Cuisine (excellent) restaurant is just across the parking lot, as is Starbucks (hooray!). We had a room on the top floor. It was very clean, had wonderful feather pillows, and we did not hear a sound from anywhere all night. It was a very relaxing stay and we will stay there again.

Room Tip: The top floor was very quiet.
1 Thank jbagby
GeneralManagerSLC, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel. My staff and I are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved our location and hospitality. We do our best to make every floor and every room as quiet and comfortable as possible for our guests. I am very glad to hear that we were able to accomplish that for you. We will look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Salt Lake area.