“Great hotel, good location”

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Treasure Island, United States
“Great hotel, good location”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Staff here is exceptional as I have stayed here multiple times and always come away pleased. As a frequent business traveler, this is not always the case. The overall property is a great value for what you get.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Shawn G
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest service survey. My staff and I strive to provide the best guest service to all of our guests and we are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

If there was anything we could have done better to have made your stay more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Marianna Gamboa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 10 July 2014

While I am a loyal Hilton Honors member, I am not a fan of the Garden Inn's themselves. The Downtown Salt Lake location is, thankfully,an exception. The service from the entire staff was exceptional. Very friendly all around.The restaurant was excellent and my group was treated very well. I do not like the sleep number beds they use but at least this one was average. Overall I would use them again just for the service alone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment we walked up to the front desk and met Sydney, I knew we were in for a great 3 day stay--and I was right!! She was a delightful young lady and explained everything about the hotel as she checked us in--what a great HILTON representative.
The hotel is beautiful in all aspects, the rooms are attractive and comfortable.
We ate Dinner in the hotel restaurant and were extremely satisfied with our meals--also the breakfast was outstanding!
Overall, this is one great place to stay!!

Stayed July 2014

Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great service and room was great. The waiter at breakfast was great. The beds were uncomfortable but what should one expect when away from home. Some double bed rooms have more square footage than others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 6 July 2014

VALUE FOR MONEY

We stayed here for 10 days in June/July 2014, paying $200 for a junior suite. Mommy and Daddy shared a king bed in the master bedroom, and the heir apparent slept on a foldaway in the living room.

Ice water and coffee at the reception, the former welcome during the July hot spell. No complaints about fitness center, swimming pool, WiFi, TV, laundromat, business center, or food. We ended up breakfasting at Starbucks, which is on the lot. Nicer ambience, New York Times on sale.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Bellaire, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I always stay here when traveling through Salt Lake City. I appreciate it when they remember I have been there before. Nice, clean and comfortable. Cook to order breakfast comes with my Honors level, which starts my day off right.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

California
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We did a driving trip from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park and back. On our last night in Salt Lake City we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown. We are Gold Hilton Honor members so there were a few different properties we could have chosen. We were glad we chose this one. Check in was very quick and friendly. We received a free cooked to order breakfast and the best part...the pool and spa and fitness center were open 24 hours! Yay!

Also, it was in walking distance to Creek Center and Temple Square. Although in the heat it seemed longer than several blocks! There were several restaurants in walking distance also.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple