“Excellent Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Utah
“Excellent Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2009

We had a quick getaway last weekend to the Hilton Garden Inn. It is rated #1 on tripadvisor for a reason! I'm pretty picky about hotels and this one did not disappoint! We booked the whirlpool suite and it was VERY clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on (much better than my own bed at home!) even the pillows were nice too. The staff was very friendly and helpful with all of our requests. Room service was great and very quick too. We got the breakfast in the morning and it was very good! We got it as part of a package so it was a great deal. Even without that the price isn't bad for what you get. You can order anything off the menu cook to order plus there's a buffet with fruit, cereal, bagels, etc.

We were going to book a bed and breakfast but this was a much better choice for less money than a bed and breakfast. Overall I was very pleased and will definately be staying here again!

• Liked — Bed, great staff, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing, we had no problems at all!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2008

Stayed at the Hilton for a couple of nights. Everything was great. staff were excellent - very helpful. Food was reasonably priced and tasty. the leisure facs were good - we had the pool and spa to ourselves! Also offer a free transfer to SLC airport. All in all a very good experience.

• Liked — Breakfast and pool area
  • Disliked — View from our room
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in SLC. It has a great location. The hotel is brand new and has incredibly comfortable beds! The hotel also has a wonderful business center with several computers with web access and printers.
I almost forgot the best part - a free cookie at check-in! YUM!

Stayed September 2008
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2008

This hotel is rated #1 by Tripadvisor readers for a reason! Everything about this place was top notch. I'm usually pretty critical and there was absolutely nothing I would complain about with the Hilton Garden Inn. My husband and I stayed for four nights in September. The room was spacious, spotless, well appointed and extremely comfortable. I particularly loved the bed. We both slept like babies! The hotel features a business center with several computers, gym and indoor pool all of which are open 24 hours. and all worth using. The breakfast in the hotel cafe was great. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The UTA Trax (train system) is only a short two block walk from the hotel, which makes getting around the city a breeze. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. I will definitely be straying here again!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Having to go home
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zanenjack
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2008

After reading the reviews we decided to have our girls' get-away weekend at this hotel. We stayed from Friday through Tuesday. On Sunday after church at Calvary Chapel and brunch at La Caille we went back to the hotel for a quick "nap". The 3 of us slept for over 2 hours. The beds are so comfortable and the pillows are like little clouds from heaven! We were going to go out and do some site-seeing on Sunday afternoon but we all voted to stay in bed and watch a movie and TV for the rest of the day. Then we all slept another full nights sleep! It was so relaxing.

The staff was always very helpful and my shuttle driver from the airport (Carlos) made sure that I was informed and having a nice time.

Since I arrived before everyone else I worked out in the exercise area. Then I went for a walk to check out the government buildings that are close by. I was told by the receptionist that the Library is really nice. She wasn't kidding. It has to be the nicest Library in the USA. I had lunch and coffee at the cafe in the library. Then I checked out the art and sculptures and browsed the 5 different floors.

We were able to go to the Jazz Festival that was at the County Building that weekend. We also went to the American Idol Tour on Monday night. They have a breakfast at the hotel but we usually walked to the Starbucks that is right next door and had our favorite drinks and croissants.

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — Traffic in front of hotel
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank AdvConsult
lichfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2008

We stayed 3 times at the Hilton Garden Inn over a 5 week roadtrip.We were welcomed back each time by the very friendly helpful staff.The hotel is great,beds wonderful,free cookies and internet access,nice pool and gym.It is easy to get to from Temple square and airport.We really enjoyed our stays there and would recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — comfortable and friendly
  • Disliked — expensive international phone charges(the only complaint)
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2008

The Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Salt Lake is an AMAZING property, in a very good location, but with a top notch staff that blends the two to make for the best of trips.

As a gold member of the Hilton system, I received free breakfast coupons for me and my wife. We were happy with that and were impressed by the size, selection, and quality of the breakfast.

Our room was AMAZING. We had a jacuzzi suite room and it was basically set up as two seperate rooms; a living room/bathroom on one side and then the master suite (with Jacuzzi tub) on the other side. Not only were the accomadations great, but what a wonderul set up channels on the TWO (2x) 42-inch LCD panels!!!!! Can't beat that at many places anymore.

Lastly, we were most impressed with the staff. They got us where we needed to be and they did it in the timeliest manner.

Last thing is about the gym. It was a little small...that said, I've been in much worse, so I'm not wanting to be too critical of it. Bottom line is that it has one treadmill, two ellipticals, and a lot of free weights for you to use in its VERY SMALL gym section.

Regardless, it was a great trip overall and I can't wait to get back to this property to spend a night or two.

GREAT JOB HILTON!!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

KK