“Convenient and comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Convenient and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was in Salt Lake City for a 1 day job. I needed to be close to the airport and close to my client. The location was perfect. I have come to expect friendly and come tent service from IHC hotels. Cost savings is important to me as well as being comfortable and feeling "at home" when I travel. I will continue to use IHC hotels for business as well as pleasure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We are very happy that our location could suit your needs being so close to the airport. We really do try our best to make sure every guest of ours feels as if they are "at home". That is our goal! Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will stay with us again if you return to Salt Lake City! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

When i arrived in salt lake city, a shuttle service picked me up in the midnight to the hotel. There i could sleep very well until get to park city in the mornig. A very nice service room and restaurant. They called me a lincoln cab to go to park city in the mornig.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We were flying standby to Vegas so we had to overnight in SLC. A shuttle was sent for us and upon our arrival Mike greeted us enthusiastically. It was midnight! The room was clean, bed was comfy and the room temperature was just right! Never had to adjust it. We left at 6:15 the next morning and once again Mike greeted us enthusiastically. We didn't have time for the breakfast but it looked good! I don't like to book hotels without reading about them first but in the lobby they have a Trip Advisor award..... Would defiantly stay here again if we needed too.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you both so much for coming to stay with us! I know it was a short night, but I am very happy it was a comfortable one for you. Very glad I got to meet you! If you ever come back to Salt Lake City, please come see us again! We would love to have you. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Las Vegas! Take care, and thank you again! We appreciate you!
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I stay in a hotel at least one a week and I've never encountered anything like this before. I ended up staying at this property due to my flight being canceled. I walked in to an inviting lobby with a fire and the smell of fresh baked cookies. I was not in the best of moods upon my arrival but the young lady at the front desk, Pagan, I believe her name was, greeted me with a genuine smile. She talked to me like I was an actual person rather than just another guest. She had so much compassion about her. She was very thorough and prompt with my requests. She was very educated and had an answer to my every question. I felt more than welcomed and important. As I went to bed I was even offered cookies. Thank you for an awesome night spent. I will return everytime I am in Utah!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you so much for the absolutely wonderful compliments about Pagan and your stay. She is a wonderful example of how we try to make each guest feel as though they are at home, as well as being important to us. You are what keeps us going. Thank you so much for staying with us. I realize that it was due to an issue at the airport but I thank you. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and that you were taken care of so well. I hope you had a chance to try some of those cookies you were smelling. They are awesome! Please do come back and see us the next time you are in Salt Lake. We would love to have you as our guest again! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express!
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Samantha at the front desk went out of her way to help us. She recommended restaurants to eat at, places to visit and took time to tell my son about the area. My son was in town to visit the college and Samantha talked to him about Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas. Very nice stay and it was nice to see some one go above and beyond with a guest.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveler19602014
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so happy you chose our hotel. Thank you for the very kind words. We really do appreciate it, and appreciate your business. If you are back in Salt Lake at some time, please come back. We would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you again!
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I recently stayed at this property and while the hotel staff was very friendly upon my arrival, I was baffled to find a $20 charge for a "ruined hand towel" on my folio. Of the thousands of hotels I have stayed at in both my personal and professional life, I have never heard of such a thing, especially since I did not ruin any towels. Beware of washing your face or getting any makeup on a towel because they will charge you for it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank wrldtrvlr2514
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
I am sorry that you are so frustrated with this. Please understand that I am as well. It is never pleasant when a substance is on one of our towels. It makes things difficult not only for us, but for the guest as well who usually ends up being charged for a ruined piece of linen. With this caked on substance not coming out of the towel, I can no longer use the towel in a guest room and will have to replace it. Cost for the towel, shipping to replace it, as well as chemicals to treat the towel with the stain have to be factored in. As we talked about over email, if I can get the substance completely out of the towel, I will refund the $20 charge. I appreciate you staying with us, and can understand your position on this. I will be in contact with you as we do everything we can to get the towel clean. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express.
Salida, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

After driving all day on the way home from Christmas vacation my entire family was looking forward to getting some good sleep. Not only was the room 80 degrees but there was no way to cool it down! The wall unit did nothing (even after resetting it), the windows would not open, and the staff "Samantha" couldn't have cared less. I asked for a fan while I watched my family sleep in the bare minimum and still tossing and turning. My children are 9,7, and 7 months and to watch them and my husband snore toss and turn and sleep horribly while I couldn't fall asleep at all. After laying on the bathroom floor to attempt to cool off, I resorted to standing out side in 20 degree weather to cool off to the point where when I went back in the room it would be comfortable. After all that and telling the staff that I was not paying for this horrendous experience I was told that either "Mike" or "Larry" would be contacting me Monday morning (we stayed Saturday evening). 20 days later and several messages left my credit card was never credited and not even so much as 'Hey, we are terribly sorry about your experience and would like to make it up to you.' Even as a frequent stayer and card carrier!

Room Tip: For a $95 stay go someplace else so you can actually get some sleep!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsSBaker
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
I am so sorry. As I sit here reading your review, the only words that I can even come up with to express my sorrow for how you have been treated are I'm sorry. There is no excuse, no explanation and no apology that can even come close to making up for what happened to you and how you were treated. You should have been taken care of and this situation should have been taken care of right on the spot. I cannot apologize enough for the lack of communication from us. I am so very sorry. The associate involved who showed no care or compassion for your situation will be addressed and consequences will be enforced. There is no excuse for those actions. I assure you this is not something that happens here. We really do try make each guest feel as though they are at home here with us. That is our goal! Please contact me, the General Manager, so that I can make this right with you and take care of your needs. I thank you for coming to stay with us, and thank you for being loyal IHG Rewards Club Members. Please come stay with us again. I am very confident you will find the next stay to be an enjoyable one. Thank you very much for your candor, your comments. I welcome any opportunity for us to improve and you have given me items that will be addressed and trained on. Thank you!