“Housekeeping problems”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East
Ranked #44 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Not everyone leaves their hotel and stays away ALL day. I can understand that they take longer to clean the occupied rooms, but, finding your room not yet cleaned at 4 p.m. was a real problem for us, as we had a 12 hour drive the following day and had hoped for a longer relaxation time in advance of getting back on the road. Also, we turned over the lid to the ice bucket and found mold growing. The late clean on the room was a serious negative for us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Thank you for coming to stay with us! We do appreciate that you chose our hotel for your stay! I am so sorry that your room was not cleaned by 4pm when you returned to the hotel. We were very short handed in housekeeing during August which was the busiest month of the year for us. I am not trying to make excuses, and hope you do not see it as such. Simply wanted to explain the situation and what could have been a factor in the room being cleaned so late. I am sorry it was not to your satisfaction. We have been able to hire more guest room attendants so this should not be an issue moving forward. I am sorry that the ice bucket lid had mold growing. Please contact me, the General Manager, as soon as possible so I can take care of the issue. Please let me know which room you were in. I am so sorry for this, we really do try to keep anything like this from happening and am so sorry that it happened to you. You have my commitment to training my staff to ensure this does not happen again. I appreciate your candor and thank you for your comments. Again, please contact me so I can resolve the issue. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for staying, please do come back to stay with if you are in Salt Lake City!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked this as a stop over from a trip to jackson hole from Vegas. Greeted by friendly staff. Despite our late arrival we were provided with late night take out and delivery options. I recommend the pizza restaurant nearby...we were even allowed to eat in the closed dining room. Pool was great, rooms large, clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us! We are very happy you booked us for your stop over on your way to Jackson Hole. We really appreciate you choosing us. I am so glad our staff was very friendly and helped you get something to eat after arriving late, and our guests are always welcome to use the dining area. Thank you for the compliment about our guest rooms, how big and clean they are. Our team works very hard to provide a clean, comfortable room for our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed the pool as well. Please do come back to stay with us again. It was great having you with us and we would love to see you again! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I was so impressed with this hotel. The rooms were beautiful, the breakfast was delicious, the personnel were wonderful. They even let me stay in my room for a late check out. I loved the little snack place where I got a frozen dinner that I cooked in the in-room microwave. I ate one of the free apples and drank the fresh iced water provided at the front desk. The only criticism I have is that someone needs to scrub the tiles in the swimming pool which BTW was indoor with a whirlpool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking downtown. I had a lovely view and I did not even ask.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you so much for coming to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Salt Lake City Airport East! We are so glad you were impressed with our hotel. Your guest room, breakfast, our staff, and snack shop down to the fruit and water in the lobby area, it is so wonderful that we met your needs and were able to make your stay an excellent one. Glad you liked being able to see some of the town from your room as well! I appreciate the comment about the pool area, and want you to know we notice it and have taken care of it. The tiles were cleaned last week and they look great. Thank you for bringing that to our attention, I do appreciate it. Please do come back to see us when you return to Salt Lake City. We would love to have you as our guest again! Thank you for choosing us, and thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express!

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We needed someplace to stay to see Paul McCartney in concert. This airport location has been just perfect for what we need. Really quiet - unusual for an airport hotel. Rooms are clean and the morning breakfast is really good. I went down at 6 am. My sister went at 9 am - still plenty.

Staff is really friendly. I would use this place again.

Stayed: August 2014
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you so much for coming to stay with us when you came for the Paul McCartney concert. We are so glad you chose our hotel, and that we met your needs. Thank you for your kind words about how clean our rooms are, and how good the breakfast was. I am glad that you were able to partake of the breakfast and that there was enough for everyone with you to enjoy it. Thank you for the compliment about our staff, I will be sure to pass it on to them. We would love to have you back to stay with us, please come back the next time you are in Salt Lake City! Thank you again for choosing us, and thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here this week after a trip to Wyoming. I travel quite a bit and end up at Holiday Inn properties at least once a month. The atmosphere, service and amenities at this location were top notch for the chain. The beds were excellent and the room had a nice seating area to help us get some space after 7 hours in the car. Renee at the front desk was especially accomodating.

We ate dinner in the restaurant and had excellent service, very good meals and a very relaxing environment.

Room Tip: We had a family suite, extra room helped, but I would guess the beds in any room would be as comfort...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you so very much for the great review of the hotel. We really do appreciate it. I do believe a mistake has been made, and this review is not for our hotel. We actually don't have anyone at the front desk named Renee, nor do we have a restaurant. We really do appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Brand for your stay and hope that you will continue to choose Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express for your travel needs. Thank you!!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Hotel looks to be relatively new and is clean and nicely decorated. The Staff was friendly and enthusiastic in offering suggestions for rental car return and transport to/from the Airport. The rooms were clean and typical HI Express rooms. The Hotel is located in an Office Park on the far side of Salt Lake City Airport, just a few minutes drive to the Airport. As such, the only downside is there are no eateries and services nearby, with exception of a Pub w/in walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Salt Lake City Airport East. Thank you so much for your wonderful compliment about our staff. They are a great group of people that does everything they can to take care of our guests. I'm very happy they took care of you. Thank you for the compliment about our clean rooms, it is one thing we pride ourselves on. I am sorry that there aren't many restuarants near us except for the pub and pizzeria. We are very close to the Light Rail system in Salt Lake City which will take you downtown in no time at all really, which will allow you to enjoy more options for eating and services. Please do come back to stay with us the next time you come to Salt Lake City. We would love to have you. Thank you again for your wonderful compliments, and thank you for choosing our hotel!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a very pleasant hotel to stop at for airport transfer. Close to the airport, shuttle, clean and comfortable rooms, great value, great breakfast included in the price. Very welcoming staff.
Compare this to my HI Express Hollywood - the staff there are good but the hotel otherwise needs a complete makeover - and the breakfast there was TERRIBLE. Fast wifi

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Salt Lake City Airport East. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful compliments about the hotel, our shuttle, the clean room you stayed in and especially about our staff. We really try to make each guest feel at home here. I have to say that we have never been compared to a hotel in Hollywood before and I am very happy that we met your needs, and that you enjoyed your time with us. Please do come back and see us again, we would love to have you as our guest when you return to Salt Lake City! Thank you so much!