“Very good hotel for a business trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Yorkshire
“Very good hotel for a business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This is good hotel conveniently located close to the airport. The bedroom was clean and very spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. The Shuttle driver, the Reception staff and the Evening Restaurant staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant food was good. If you want to explore the city a hotel in the city would be better.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Annie O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear YorkshireCelticTiger,
Thank you very much for your kind words. It is such a pleasure to hear that my staff created a wonderful experience for you during your stay. I will be sure to share that with them. As always we sincerely appreciate the positive feedback. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites and we look forward to having you join us for any future business trips!

Annie Ojeda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

The room was very comfortable and the bed was super comfortable! The restaurant gives free meals to kids! The pool was warm to swim in and the hotel staff was very friendly. They don't do a good job plowing the parking lot in the winter though so be careful

Stayed December 2013
Dear AOCS,
What more can be said other than...THANK YOU! So glad to hear that you loved our hotel. As always, we are incredibly grateful for a perfect 5 review. We want all our guests to be comfortable and safe, so will certainly take your feedback, about the snow plowing, into consideration for next winter. Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn & Suites Salt Lake City - Airport West. Please come back again.

Annie Ojeda
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

First lets say that the room was the standard quality I expect from my many stays at IHG hotels. I had to ask them if my rewards number was attached to my reservation. My 2 queen suite had a broken heater, so I left for a few hours while they took a look at it. I arrived back at midnight and the fan was still blowing cold air and no one had record of it being checked. Terrell switched my room just a couple of doors down which was a regular double queen. I attempted to get a regular double queen when making the reservation but was told they didn't have any. The next morning I found I was being charged for being in a suite. I got that fixed and was asked how my room was. I replied that it was small and they walked away. Upon leaving the following morning I found that my CC was being charged rather than the business card my company had submitted. Once again poor Terrell had to be the one who fixed the problem. By far he was the highlight of the trip. I am very thankful to have started up more than one rewards program so I don't have to live and die with IHG

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Chuck B,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations, specifically with the air conditioning unit and the credit card charges. I am relieved however that these issues were addressed in a timely manner. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights after a two day trip from the UK and then again for 1 night prior to our flight home. We were warmly welcomed as platinum IHG Club members and were very pleased with the roomy two bed suite. The lounge furniture was a little well used but comfy nevertheless. Dinner in the restaurant was good quality and quantity and our server was really friendly and very helpful. This was not so in the morning at breakfast as the service was very slow and the wait staff were not really very interested in serving. The food when it arrived was very good so the chef needs congratulating but the serving staff in the morning are responsible for the 4* rather than the 5* I would have awarded. Front desk staff were very helpful and assisted us in choosing where to go during our stay. The airport shuttle bus lady was very helpful too and assisted us in getting the free shuttle to Temple Square. Everywhere seemed well maintained and pleasant. Everyone remembered us when we got back from our trip to Yellowstone and wanted to know how we enjoyed it (except the breakfast "waitresses") and it felt like coming home. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a welcome, pleasant stay just be warned that if the breakfast buffet is not available (weekends, Mon and Fri?) then service is slow.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed overnight while to catch a flight in the morning. The hotel allows you to leave a vehicle on the property while you take a flight out of town. This is nice because you don't have the hassle of parking at the airport. The hotel was well maintained and clean. The rooms were average and good for a one night stay. The only thing we didn't like we're the pillows. The were about the size of a chicklet and very uncomfortable. There is not breakfast of any kind offered.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank idahospaz
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Friendly and professional front desk at an exceptionally maintained hotel with instant recognition as a platinum member. Kim at the lobby bar understood and serviced business travelers needs with timely service, menu recommendations, and a smile. Check-out smooth and as advertised price wise. Would stay again should my travel take me to Salt Lake.

Room Tip: Room was fine with a bit of a problem with the the HVAC. Just opened the window and enjoyed. Stayed...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bozeman, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was passing through SLC and had to pick up a friend at the airport the next day. I stayed here for one night and was glad I did. So glad in fact, I stayed again when passing through from L.A. a month later. It is missing a half star only because it is near the airport, but not near anything else. The property is very clean and the rooms are modern and well appointed. My breakfast in the restaurant was tasty, and was 30% off (maybe because I signed up for the IHG card?) It has a small but adequate gym that I used on my second stay, and unexpected perk in an airport hotel. I will definitely stay here again when the need arises.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo