“Nice hotel and great location!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salt Lake Plaza Hotel

Salt Lake Plaza Hotel
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Guelph, Canada
“Nice hotel and great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

great staff.
Great location and easy access to the mall and the transit system. Right in front of the hotel.
Complimentary shuttle from airport is a great service. and the driver even spoke about the history while we were driving to the hotel from the airport. good experience!

1 Thank Ali Z
Plaza Hotel P, Front Office Manager at Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Ali Z,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our staff, location, and complimentary airport shuttle! It's always a treat for some of our guests to be able to catch a ride with one of our very knowledgeable drivers.
I am very happy you let us know of your good experience and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

801-521-0130 x 2149

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Polish first
Modesto, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel, ans both stays have been wonderful. The rooms are very clean and updated, and the staff is friendly and beyond helpful. I even enjoyed shopping in the gift shop, something I rarely do, but the gentleman running the shop was so friendly and full of ideas of places to see and things to do. I will be looking forward to another visit.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms overlook the Museum of Fine Arts and downtown, even numbered rooms overlook the m...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pam A
Dear Pam A,
Thank you for your comments. We always are excited to hear about an enjoyable stay that any of our guests have with us, and it sounds like yours was enjoyable! Our staff is one of the best around. Always smiling and willing to help, they are definitely some of the best people I have been able to work with, so I will make sure to pass your review on to them.
I'm glad you mentioned our gift shop! It is the Plaza's very own unique store, The Wildwood Hutch. This store offers drinks, snack, souvenirs, and much more. The shop owner is very knowledgeable, so I'm glad you were able to get some tips from him!
We can't wait to see you the next time you're in town!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here two nights in April 2014. Recently renovated King Room. 13th floor facing downtown. Loved the view. I needed a good room close to the convention center and this worked out great. I was more than happy with what I received. Check in was fast and efficient. The lady that checked me in was bright and cheerful. I showed up around 11am and she was able to get me right into my room even though official check in time was not until 3pm.

Room had plenty of space. Bed was very comfortable. Great lighting. Lots of plugs for electrical devices – two on each night stand and two more on the desk, and this does not count all the wall outlets. Free wifi worked well enough for free wifi. Simple browsing the web worked OK. Uploading picture files was very slow. The building itself is older. Some of the amenities show their age. But overall very comfortable accommodations.

Parking is great ($5/day) as it is less expensive than other options downtown. Location is very convenient to all downtown locations. Easy walking distance to all the sites and malls. Trax (lightrail) station right in front of the hotel if you prefer that. You can also drive around but I found it more convenient to leave the car at the hotel and just walk where I needed to go. Overall I had a great stay and I have already booked another stay in September when I will be back in town for another convention.

Dear MickeysBestPal,
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your newly renovated king room on our top floor! We are very excited about our new rooms, so we love hearing from our guests as well! Your review was full of great compliments to our staff and hotel, so I will be sure to pass this along to my general manager as well as the other staff so they can keep up the great work!
With all of the amenities the hotel has to offer, and with our prime downtown location, it's hard to beat! We look forward to seeing you again in September!

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

The Plaza Hotel is a older hotel that has been renovated and is well maintained. The Rooms and common areas are clean as is the lobby. They offer a shuttle service to and from the airport. It is centrally located in SLC near the genealogy center, shopping malls, trolley, and Starbucks. Good value, Great location.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank grknyc
Dear grknyc,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We always appreciate when our guests have a good experience with us. It is true, that we have recently been undergoing a renovation project on our guest rooms (with the lobby and other common areas on the list for the near future), so I'm happy to hear you enjoyed that during your stay.
Our location is second to none, with numerous places to shop, eat, and have fun all within walking distance! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Rockingham, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The location of this hotel right opposite Temple Square is excellent and there is a multi-storey carpark right next to the hotel $5 per 24 hours for guests. Check in at the hotel was ok, although having booked 2 rooms I was not particularly impressed to find they were 4 floors apart! Also both rooms were booked between the lifts (elevators) - 718 and 1118 this was not good due to the noise from them. Both rooms were tiny, 718 due to the lay out it was nearly impossible to get down the right hand side of the bed. 718 had a toilet cistern that was continually filling and 1118 had loose taps in the shower. There is no breakfast (included) at the hotel. The saving grace was that it was the comfiest (but smallest) bed we have had on this trip and the receptionist gave us a 10% discount card for a local restaurant. If I'm back in the city I won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Charmedgirl
Dear Charmedgirl,
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that our location and parking convenience was a plus for you during your stay. I do apologize about the rooms being on separate floors. We do always try our best to accommodate requests.
The room you are describing is one of our compact queen rooms. Yes, it is a smaller room, but we offer these smaller rooms at a smaller price. They still do come with all of our standard room amenities (mini refrigerator, microwave, and complimentary wireless internet access), but next time you're in town, please give me a call and I'd be happy to show you one of our larger rooms to see if that would be a better fit for you.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We hosted an event at the Plaza today. The staff just goes above and beyond to help you. The hotel is very clean and the atmosphere very nice. Employees were happy, professional, helpful and seemed like they enjoy working with each other. The room was very clean, and comfortable. It was very nice having a mini fridge and microwave unlike other hotels in the area.

Dear adrijack_13,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you had a good experience with our staff. They are some of my favorite people to work with, so I will definitely make sure your review is passed on to them as well.
We appreciate you and your group and thank you for choosing the Plaza Hotel. See you next time!

Cancun, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Faucets, including the jacuzzi/ shower in the living room needs to be updated & tightened (leaked around sink). Our room had ceiling fan that was off-balance.
Walls are paper thin & we heard our neighbors clearly (& they probably heard us.)
Customer service was excellent & saving grace.
Location is outstanding although we were on opposite of end of active Convention hall...

1 Thank StarchMD
Dear StarchMD,
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate feedback from our guests, as it helps us know where we need to improve. I am happy to hear that our location and staff were definite pluses during your stay! I have passed along the maintenance issues you had with the room on to my head maintenance engineer and he will make sure they are addressed.

But also, to let you know, we have recently begun the second half our our guest room renovation. All of our rooms are being updated, and the suites definitely made the list to be updated as well. So next time you're in town, we hope to see you and show you the upgrades we have made.