Salt Lake Plaza Hotel
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$146
  • Breakfast included
US$158
US$152
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$202
Hampton.com
Peery Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$98
AscendHotels
  • Room Service
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$154
  • Restaurant
US$168
  • Pool
Little America Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$157
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$129
GardenInn.com
Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$167
Sheraton.com
Grand America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
US$428
  • Pool
All reviewsfamily history librarytemple squarejb's restaurantgreat locationfamily restaurantgenealogy researchadjacent restaurantlds churchsalt lakeconvention centertram stopparking garagewithin walking distanceper dayfree shuttle servicedirectly across the streetlight rail
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I got a great price at the time for a single room with two queen sized beds. Probably the best part of staying in this hotel was the location. It is situated between the Gateway shopping plaza, the Planetarium, the Temple Square. I spent my first day entirely on foot from sun up to sun down checking out all of the sights and shops in a 2-3 mile radius. Parking was cheap compared to others. My room faced the Capitol building and the mountains, but there was some construction outside during my stay that woke me once or twice, but it was not too loud or frequent. Overall, a good place.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zifmer
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Yes, a very clean, professional hotel in a good location i.e. 5 mins from Temple Square [turn left] & 15 mins from The Gateway Mall [to thre right].

I waited over an hour for the shuttle bus to arrive after 14 hours of flying. I witnessed every other hotel shuttle in town come & go at least twice. Finally I called the free phone no. [176] from the airport to be told "the the shuttle bus doesn't shuttle until requested." Finally it turned up with a very pleasant driver.

My room was on the top floor and was very spacious with a great view.

Otherwise, a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank kingsleyronald
Reviewed 22 March 2010

After reading some of the reviews of this hotel I was hesitant to book a room, but it turned out to be an excellent choice. I was in Salt Lake City for three days, specifically to do research at the Family History Library which is located next door. The Plaza Hotel was very convenient and safe. The rooms have been renovated recently although the bathrooms still need some work. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, even allowing me a late checkout. JB's restaurant is an OK choice -- large portions, cheap prices, very friendly servers. I don't know how the location would work for tourists since I saw nothing of SLC except the room, JB's and the library.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank jmbelf
Reviewed 12 March 2010

We just stayed there this weekend. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and the beds were very comfort

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2010

We stayed in downtown salt lake city for a ski trip in order to save a little money. The room was a little outdated as far as the furnishings and wallpaper; however, It was very cozy and a in a great location. The beds were amazingly comfortable and the room also had a refrigerator and microwave which was a nice alternative to eating out at every meal. It is also right at a TRAX stop which takes you all over Salt lake city. The ski bus is also a block away at the Radisson. We took it four times to Brighton, Solitude, Snowbird, and Alta and each time it took about an hour to reach our destination.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple