“the only way to travel”

Snowflake Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #6 of 28 Tours in Salt Lake City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer day tours from Las Vegas and Salt Lake City to Grand Canyon and Utah national parks
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I meant to write a review in November 2017 after my three-day trip with Snowflake Tours to Grand Canyon, Bryce, and Zion National Parks, but it’s just as well I didn’t because…now I have the chance to write a review for my SECOND four-day tour with Snowflake to Yellowstone and Grand Teton this past week. On both trips, hands down, Chris was an expert driver with a true love and knowledge of the land. Whether sailing down long roads or curling around 12,000-foot-high mountains, Chris keeps focused on and aware of safety, roaming wildlife, and crazy drivers (for whom he has no tolerance). On the first trip, I was traveling with a friend, and Chris was always attentive to our interests and needs. We both collected National Park Stamps, and even if it was out of the way on his intended itinerary, Chris made sure to stop by Visitors Centers so we could stamp our passport albums. I will never forget how he offered to drive our albums to a Visitors Center at another site and get the stamps for us himself, while we were touring Antelope Canyon and would come out too late to get there all together. As well, since I’m not too fond of heights and steep inclines, Chris was kind enough to walk beside me on the open side of the mountain at Bryce so I could make it along the ledge without feeling uncomfortable—he knew it would be worth the view, and I was very glad I trusted his judgment. Bryce is by far my favorite park because of what I was able to see in places I would never have ventured into on my own. On my second tour, I decided to wing it solo with Snowflake, and I truly valued the personalized and detailed tour of both parks. We hit the jackpot with animal sightings: brown and black bears, moose, ospreys, blue heron, bison, elk (a whole herd chased by a bear), deer, whistle-pig, and countless chipmunks. We covered just about the entire length and breadth of Yellowstone—no small driving feat—and I especially marveled at the diversity of the park, from the poignant aftermath of the vast Yellowstone forest fire in varying stages of regrowth, to the otherworldly geothermal landscapes, to the breathtaking beauty of crystal lakes and snow-covered mountains. While one might not typically expect a tour guide to pitch a tent and stay in the forest at night while the visitor basks in clean, comfortable, and attractive quarters, it just confirms how much Chris considers this land his home, and his insights into camping and the wilderness are so valuable for this lifelong city girl. Snowflake Tours has spoiled me for wanting to know more of the natural beauty of the West in a one-to-one way. Those big-bus tours with 55 strangers on board stopping at tourist traps can’t hold a candle to the experience of traveling with someone who shows you how it feels to be up close and personal with nature. Two of the best trips I’ve ever taken…and I look forward to more.

All reviews
"scenic"
"knowledge"
"stops"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just back from the Mighty Five with a 2 day extension to Monument Valley and Antelope Canyon. Chris was very attentive to our needs and made sure we had an excellent experience at all locations. He enabled us to achieve great photographs at all the amazing National parks. He carried our luggage to our rooms every night and collected it every morning. He made our trip effortless. He built in sufficient restroom breaks and refreshment breaks. Overall a super experience.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

I went with Chris for a 3 day tour after going through some reviews on TripAdvisor and I am fully satisfied with the tour. I went with my 2 year old kid... She too enjoyed the tour. Chris is unbelievable. You have to go with him to believe.

We visited Arches National park, Canyonlands, Horsheshoe Bend, Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Lower Antelope, and the Grand Canyon North Rim.

All 3 days we started early morning and reached hotel around Midnight.
throughout the tour no GPS was used. He knows each and every view point by heart.
Really amazed.
It would have taken at least 4-5 tours each of at least 3 days to cover what we have explored in just 3-days.

Amazing experience I will never forget ... If I get a chance I will definitely go for tours with him again. And this time I will trust him and do whatever he recommends. He can't go wrong anytime.

From food to accommodation to the view points ..... go by his recommendation.

Thanks Chris for the nice Trip.

Chris V, Owner at Snowflake Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Wow, I can not begin to describe my feelings for such a kind review. I truly love what I do and greatly appreciate the chance to share the places I love with my clients. Thank you so very much Amalesh for your kind words and especially for choosing Snowflake Tours. It was truly my pleasure.

Chris

Reviewed 3 May 2018

I have just returned from a fantastic two day tour of Arches and CanyonLands National Park and Dead Horse State Park. I only had two days to spare and contacted Chris who put together this a tour for me. Chris was fantastic, he did all he could to make my trip as easy as possible. Nothing was to much trouble, he even took me shopping for shorts as the weather was so hot and I only had jeans to wear. Apart from his knowledge of the area and the delight he took in seeing it again and showing it to me he is also incredibly environmentally conscious which is close to my heart. I loved my two days with Snowflake Tours and Chris. Would highly recommend anyone who wants a personalised and flexible tour use Snowflake. Thanks again Chris.

Thank you so very much for your kind review, it's a reminder to me why I choose to take people on these tours. I'm very fortunate to love what I do and do what I love. Thanks for sharing your experience for others to read, it means a great deal to me both personally and professionally.

Chris

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We had an enjoyable experience on our 4 day National parks tour with Snowflake Tours. Leaving Las Vegas we visited the Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. This was a personalised tour and much more leisurely than a regular bus tour. Chris was pleasant, helpful and patient with all our photography. The scenery was breathtaking. Bryce Canyon was particularly spectacular with snow/ice on and around the hoodoos.
Travelling in winter meant there were less tourists - the only negative was less hours of daylight so we missed some of Zion National Park.
Chris ensured we had very good accommodation and meals, including the picnic lunches. We would recommend you take a tour with Chris if you want a tour with a difference and don 't mind being flexible.