“Great Menu...Great Food...100% plant based”
Review of Vertical Diner

Vertical Diner
Ranked #125 of 1,495 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Some of the best Vegan variety I've seen on a menu....and you'd never know it. I had to point out to a friend with me, that it was ALL plant based. She couldn't believe it. In fact, my three friends I brought, were all carnivores. Each LOVED their selection and the waiter was awesome in explaining, when asked, what things were (like WHAT is the "chicken" made of?). And, you can order breakfast anytime....as well as the rest of the menu including burgers, burritos, Chicken Biscuit Pie, Reuben, Buffalo wings, chocolate chip ice cream sandwich and on and on and on the food selection goes. It's YUMMY. Cute place too in the downtown Salt Lake City area. GO HERE...you will love it. Went on Saturday night and not busy at all. Comfortable cozy diner atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Way earthier than Sage's, this is a very hip diner with very good vegan food. The initial treatment by the staff was a little disappointing, but it improved once we got going and the food was all quite good. All in all a good choice for the everyday vegan outing.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We visited on Sunday and enjoyed delicious comfort food including fried *chicken and Mac-n-cheese. Portions are large enough to share. Salad was very fresh and tomatoes tasted like homegrown tomatoes. We were very happy with our meals - kids too!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We went to the vertical diner after a great experience at a sister restaurant Sage Cafe. We had a great experience. The restaurant is a proper American diner (with booths and bar stools).

The food tasted great. The service was really good too. We were able to mix and match some of the items for the kids food. We were in a rush and they were able to move things along quickly.

The venue is situated a bit out of downtown, but well worth the effort to get to. The decor is getting a bit old and worn in places but is functional. We went on a Friday evening and they had live music from a group of three classical music performers which gave a great atmosphere.

I definitely recommend this restaurant to meat eaters and veggies alike.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

It was refreshing coming back to SLC to find so many new vegan friendly places to eat. I have been most impressed with Elevated Cuisine Groups' Cafe Supernatural and Vertical Diner.

Vertical Diner offers diner fare veg style. Not only is it a healthier options, but a delicious one. They serve breakfast all day, I recommend the Avalanche and the banana pancakes are amazing! The biscuits and gravy is a yummy option if you're not hungry enough for a full meal.

I've worked my way through a good portion of their menu and have yet to be disappointed.

I've found the service during the day is much better than at night. I've only had one bad experience with service here and it wasn't THAT bad.

I would eat here every day if I could and so should you!