“Good price, Good staff”

Ranked #66 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Goshen, Indiana
“Good price, Good staff”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I booked by room on choicehotels.com, which said i could not change the date of the reservation. However, the Econolodge staff allowed me to change by date TWICE! I was so happy to keep be able to stay and not lose the reservations when my XC trip changed.
The hotel was very safe, well lit outside. The king bed was VERY comfortable. Our toilet ran very loud every hour. I'm sure we could have changed rooms if we told the staff. Overall, a good price for a very accommodating hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura o
Adam M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Laura,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Econolodge Salt Lake City. We value all feedback and look for ways to progress from it. Your kind words were shared with the staff and we thank you for your business. I was pleased to hear that the staff was able to change your reservation for you. They are a pleasure to work with. Thank you again for your time and feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hebrew first
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 23 September 2013

TV remote did not work for changing channels (on-off only). Smoke alarm chirped incessantly (low battery warning -- took maintenance a long while to show after reporting. The door lock was flimsy (loose screws). The carpet was spotty and dingey. The mattress was old and soft. Not recommended. June 23, room #245.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rob e
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay at the Econolodge in Salt Lake City. We value all feedback and take all responses seriously. I have reviewed your feedback with my Maintenance department and we have worked diligently towards correcting these issues. Your voice is heard and we hope we have another opportunity to serve you again. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Safe Travels,
Antioch
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Three rooms were booked online prepaid and the request was for double rooms, non-smoking with refrigerators in room. When we checked in these were the only rooms available and they were smoking rooms without refrigerators. A chair was broken in one room with the arm laid across the seat. A second room had the front of a drawer off laying on the dresser. A third room had a problem with the air conditioner that wouldn't work. Requests for maintenance were never answered. We stayed for 5 nights and beds were only changed once after I repeatedly complained. We had to open the windows to try to air the rooms out. This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. Pass this one by.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lois225
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We value all guest's comments and time. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not pleasurable and to hear of the maintenance issues you had. I am working hard with our staff to make sure these issues do not occur in the future. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope we have another opportunity to serve you again in hte future.

Safe Travels,
St. Albert
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We booked 4 rooms at this place as we wanted to be close to the Red Iguana restaurant and the pictures online looked okay. These pictures are NOT what you get if any of the 6 rooms we looked at are any indication. My room was okay but could really use a carpet cleaning. Room 107 carpet looked like the chalk outline was the only thing missing over the huge carpet stain. Room 108 had no air conditioning. Room 121 and 122 doorway looked like someone actually took a crowbar to pry open the doors. Room 121 door does not latch very well. On the great side of things, the Red Iguana restaurant just across the street was fantastic if you like real Mexican food. From Santana and ZZ Top signing the walls to a packed house by 6PM to enjoy the food.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the office seemed less offensive (101-106 I think).
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Dean,

I want to thank you for taking the time share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are working hard to eliminate poor experiences. Your comments were very helpful and we are working hard with our Housekeeping and Maintenance departments to correct the issues you mentioned. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Red Iguana. They are a treat to have so close. We thank you for your business and hope to have another opportunity to serve you again soon.
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The GM, Mark...and Driver Charlie made my stay great! Mark went out of his way to accommodate me. Wonderful service! Walking distance to Temple Square and Gateway Mall. Paint in room was peeling, and the sink didn't drain, but I consider this a great place for the price!
Free shuttle to and from airport-as well as around the city!

Room Tip: Check the non-smoking rooms for odors.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Evan M
Dear Evan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Tripadvisor. I also appreciate the feedback in regards to the items not properly working in your room. We are working hard with the staff to eliminate any malfuntioning items in the rooms to make sure you have an enjoyable experience. Were glad to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle and got to see some nice things in SLC. Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We hope to serve you again soon.
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed here, and the bed bugs ate me up. I was in misery for three or four days. Couldn't even sleep because of the intense itching. I asked the manager, Adam, to reimburse me for medical expenses, which he said he would. He never did send me the check for my expenses, even after several calls. He just kept telling me it would be sent.
AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Traveler,

It kills me to hear of your unfortunate experience. I assure you that this in an uncommon incident and I will do everything I can to make it right. Please reach out to me via phone or email and I will be happy to send money for any monetary expenses that you might have paid out of pocket. My contact info is econogm.ut043@gmail.com or 801-363-0062.

I do want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Tripadvisor and we are working hard to eliminate circumstances like this. Thank you for your business.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stay here each time I visit SLC (at least 2 times a year). I love the proximity to downtown, and I especially appreciate the free shuttle to both the airport and to the downtown area - it makes it unnecessary to rent a vehicle while staying in town. (There's also a UT Trax location very close by) The staff are very friendly and accommodating - I appreciate that they remember me each time I visit. The rooms are clean, and sufficient for the age of the hotel and the price. Each room is individually temperature controlled, with room darkening curtains at the windows. The wifi is a little spotty, but nothing to complain about. The breakfast area is small, and it's not a hot breakfast, but it's enough to start the day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank CdnFLgurl
Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience while in SLC. This is why we love Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear of your experience and loyalty to the Econolodge. It pleases me to hear that you were able to utilize the shuttle to downtown and airport. I do apologize about the spotty internet. We have recently invested in 8 more access points in the hotel to improve the strength and speeds of the internet. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to serving you in the near future.