“Good stay and wonderful location for downtown SLC”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Powell, Wyoming
“Good stay and wonderful location for downtown SLC”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for only couple nights. When we first arrived we were greeted right on the spot. I loved the free cookies that they gave us! They were delicious! The hotel is set up in a weird way that made me dizzy trying to get to my room but that was okay. The rooms were clean and the bed was really comfortable. I loved that they gave you free water in the room. Location was perfect for me. It was only a block away from the trax station so I could get to anywhere I wanted in SLC. I forget to mention that this hotel had parking which was excellent. The only downside to this hotel is that the breakfast is not free and it is expensive without a breakfast buffet card.

Thank you DoubleTree for an amazing stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Saratoga WY
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had a pleasant stay. Rooms are nicely appointed and easily accessible. Our reservation did not include breakfast; the buffet was pricey. Easy walking to restaurants.

The parking garage is convenient to the hotel and to enter traffic. For easiest unloading and loading, go to the uppermost floor. It is uncovered, but feeds into the 2nd floor of the hotel. The elevator is visible just to the right and can take you directly to your floor.

Room Tip: We faced Little America (to the east), and were pleased with how quiet the room was.
Reno, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

hotel was clean, well-located- real close to city transit train and downtown Salt Lake City- we walked to get on it. Booked the reservation well in advance and was told our reservation included breakfast buffet- but then we were turned away- spoke to front desk and they didn't believe us- not good. Pool & jacuzzi are in serious need of updating- other than that our experience was great.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Denver, Colo.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

As service goes, I'd stay across the street at the Sheraton before I'd go back to the Doubletree. The bed was uncomfortable, and the water pressure in the shower was dismal. Service was OK, but nothing I wouldn't expect at a Best Western or lower quality hotel.

I'll admit it didn't start well - the clerk couldn't find the reservation because he kept spelling my last name incorrectly. As a result, the guest who arrived (with no reservation) a few minutes after I did received the last two cookies. I don't really care about the cookies (my son did), but it was just one more frustration from a hotel chain from which I've come to expect more, and seem to be continually disappointed.

Walking back from dinner, I was with my teenage son and a friend who was in town on business. We were stopped twice by panhandlers (one of them quite aggressive) on the hotel property, coming out of the parking garage.

Finally, this hotel may be fine during the week with more business travelers, but the weekend it's given over to a wide variety of folks who are less than "family friendly."

1 Thank bksmrt
Zushi, Japan
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We had an unexpected one night stay in Salt Lake after an airline delay. This hotel is beautiful and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Fresh cookies at check in we're fantastic, rooms were lovely and the location is excellent. We were blocks from Temple Square and the beautiful new City Creek mall. Room service was delicious and quick. Would definitely stay there again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
crawley, west sussex
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel very late, at 0530 hrs - thanks to late arrival of amtrak (but more of that in another review). Because of our late arrival we were offered a late check out at 1400 hrs at no extra cost. We were very grateful for that. Very nice suite. Shower, bed etc all fine - no problems at all. The girl on reception answered all my questions in a very efficient manner. Location is fine - Is just a short walk to the main street. The view from the bedroom was great - mountains in the distance! My partner had breakfast which she said was fine. If you do arrive by Amtrak take a taxi to the hotel - although it isn't far - approx 5 dollars.

This was my first experience of staying at a double trees hotel - it was a good one. You won't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
St. Anthony, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We booked two rooms. Both were clean and quiet. Our grandchildren loved the pool. I loved breakfast and the warm cookies - the kind staff gave me extras. The beds are VERY comfortable - not too hard and not too soft. The location is good with convenient freeway access.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton