Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,052 results
All reviewsroom was cleanan overnight stayshuttle servicebagelscontinental breakfastfront desk staffrental carfree shuttlesalt lakeslckarafreewayinternetratesproximitydowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was last at this hotel about 2 1/2 years ago and I left this morning with a different impression. This place is getting worn. Maybe it was the same bath mat, towels and carpet from my last visit. The towels are fraying now, the carpet fraying at the elevator and soiled on the first and second floor near the elevator. The receptionist replied that yes, there are new owners about 2 years ago, so maybe that is the problem. The parking lot was nearly full, so when you have that kind of custom day after day, things must be replaced and refreshed: these operators are not keeping up!

Room Tip: The room with one king bed has plenty of space.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear guest, thank you so much for giving us your feedback on your stay. I am pleased to hear that you are our repeat guest and always had a great experience with us. Yes, I completely agree with you on the condition of our hallway carpets, we have actually ordered new custom style carpeting for our hallways and all our rooms to be installed in December. We also have some plans in progress for our lobby to be completed in early January.

Since past two years we have done a lot of additions and upgrades to our rooms, for example- new custom made high quality mattresses, microwave and fridge in each of our 104 rooms and invested in new wyndry linens. I apologize that your room was given towels that should not be in service once the quality has deteriorated. I will get with our housekeeping and go through all our linens to ensure only top quality of linens are provided to our valued guests.

I would highly encourage you to come see us next time with our brand new and refreshed look and I promise you will have a great experience with us! Thank you so much for being one of our returned guests and we hope to keep you coming back. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed 1 night 25OCT. I enjoyed this hotel, good value for the rate. The hotel was quiet and I felt very secure, lots of parking available. The room was top notch only drawback was it was a bit tight with 2 queen beds, not much space to move around but that is the only trivial negative. Beds were super firm and comfortable, the best sleep I had after staying in 8 hotels over a 2 week Southern Utah roadtrip. Everything was very clean within the room and all common areas of the property, linens were super fresh and of good quality. I especially liked the daybed along the windown ledge, great design idea, this came in handy for extra space . The front desk did tell me at check in that coffee was available 24-7 in the lobby but this seemed untrue on the night I was there. I'm a very early riser and after my in room coffee quota was gone I headed to the lobby for a refill, the clerk informed me there was none until she got the breakfast going several hours later but she did give me quite a few more in room pouches which I appreciated. I think this hotel should offer shuttle service every 30 or 40 minutes instead of every hour, that was inconvenient. Breakfast was okay, there are plenty of choices for a light breakfast, what I expected. I felt I received very good value for the rate I paid at this hotel and would definately recommend and stay again when I'm in the area, thanks Microtel for a nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your kind words and appreciation for our hotel. I am very pleased to hear about your exceptional stay with us. We strive each day to ensure all our guests have a great and a satisfying experience. Please do come see us again next time you are in Salt Lake City. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I did a review last week and it was delited i have sent many e mails to the microtel in salt lake the management has responded but we have not come up with a resolution i booked in early may for a room oct 15 check in check out oct 17 2013 when i went to check in room was not avaliable for almost 2 hours when it was open for me the bath room was terrible holes in the shower curtin towels so thin you could see thru them rust and mold around bath tub i have contacted wyndham microtel the manager of the microtel has tried to make it right but he is offering things i cannot accept i have contacted all parties concernd but i have not got any satifaction from anyone beware don't do third party booking very disappointed in this property

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Roger G
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Roger, I am sorry WYNDHAM CUSTOMER CARE and I have not been able to satisfy you. Like I mentioned in our E-mails we exchanged, you come to check-in at 11AM while the check-in time is not until 3PM. As we were sold out the night before and did not have any special requests from you advising the hotel of your early check-in. As I also mentioned and you agreed, the linens provided to your room were in good condition and acceptable to you during your 2 day stay with us. If there was an issue with "rust", I wish you had brought that to my or my front desk attention during your stay so the issue could be fixed by Maintaince right away and we could have compensated you for your troubles.

As for your satisfaction, you would appreciate many offers you were given to try and satisfy you. We had offered you a discounted stay at our property, then a free night stay with free upgrade was offered and then since you said your credit card used to make reservation was cancelled- we could not refund the money on the credit card for your stay. At that point as most options were exhausted, we offered you Wyndham points to your membership which YOU ACCEPTED, It was a greater value than your paid 2 nights stay with us. After all this, I am sorry both WYNDHAM CUSTOMER CARE AND I were not able to satisfy you.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Reservation made through third party site booking.com. Turned up at 11pm. Reservation could not be found by receptionist after several attempts and producing booking.com confirmation. Called booking.com and they confirmed booking. Despite hotel being full given a room at the rack rate. In morning manager found booking and confirmed the booked rate. Prior receptionist was new and did not know that she could access the booking.com site to find reservation. Disappointed with room when compared to my previous stay at Microtel Huntsville AL. Breakfast not worth writing home about.

Room Tip: If booking through a third party site confirm booking directly with hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear guest, thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. I am sad to hear about your experience you had during checking in with booking.com reservation. Unfortunately after your issue in morning,i got in touch with booking.com and they had admitted to a bit of a snag where few of the reservations were not faxed in to hotel causing the hassle for you at the time of check-in. I am glad my front desk still got you in the room and everything went smoothly. She is our new team member and I think she did a commendable job with your situation and got you in the room to figure things out in morning. Again, I apologize for the issue you experienced but we have fixed the snag between booking.com and our hotel fax. Please do come see us next time you are in salt lake city. Thank you

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013