Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Comfy stay”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at this property in December of 2013. We were surprised how clean and comfortable our stay was. It was very relaxing and refreshing as we found the front desk staff to be very friendly and helpful. It was almost as if we were in a 5 star hotel as per the services we received. The room was clean and spacious enough for 4 people. It after all an airport property so not much frills attached to it but it was not on our priority list as we were there to catch a flight next afternoon. Microwave and fridge in our room was great bonus. Great value with modern looks. We will tell our friends about you guys.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms with good insulation
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam L
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Adam, thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be comfortable and exceeded your expectations. We have an amazing front desk team along with hardworking and dedicated housekeeping department to ensure all our guests enjoy a relaxing and hassle free stay with us. Please do visit us again soon in near future. Thank you for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Moore
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Room was nicely furnished, bed was comfortable, the room and the bathroom were very clean. This was not our first stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Donald C
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear guest, thank you so much for your feedback on your stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed it and had a fantastic experience with us. Our hard working team members strive each day to ensure all our guests have a satisfying and a great experience. Please do come see us again next time you are in Salt Lake City. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham.
Salida, Colorado
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was last at this hotel about 2 1/2 years ago and I left this morning with a different impression. This place is getting worn. Maybe it was the same bath mat, towels and carpet from my last visit. The towels are fraying now, the carpet fraying at the elevator and soiled on the first and second floor near the elevator. The receptionist replied that yes, there are new owners about 2 years ago, so maybe that is the problem. The parking lot was nearly full, so when you have that kind of custom day after day, things must be replaced and refreshed: these operators are not keeping up!

Room Tip: The room with one king bed has plenty of space.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear guest, thank you so much for giving us your feedback on your stay. I am pleased to hear that you are our repeat guest and always had a great experience with us. Yes, I completely agree with you on the condition of our hallway carpets, we have actually ordered new custom style carpeting for our hallways and all our rooms to be installed in December. We also have some plans in progress for our lobby to be completed in early January.

Since past two years we have done a lot of additions and upgrades to our rooms, for example- new custom made high quality mattresses, microwave and fridge in each of our 104 rooms and invested in new wyndry linens. I apologize that your room was given towels that should not be in service once the quality has deteriorated. I will get with our housekeeping and go through all our linens to ensure only top quality of linens are provided to our valued guests.

I would highly encourage you to come see us next time with our brand new and refreshed look and I promise you will have a great experience with us! Thank you so much for being one of our returned guests and we hope to keep you coming back. Thank you for staying with us.
Chester Basin, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed 1 night 25OCT. I enjoyed this hotel, good value for the rate. The hotel was quiet and I felt very secure, lots of parking available. The room was top notch only drawback was it was a bit tight with 2 queen beds, not much space to move around but that is the only trivial negative. Beds were super firm and comfortable, the best sleep I had after staying in 8 hotels over a 2 week Southern Utah roadtrip. Everything was very clean within the room and all common areas of the property, linens were super fresh and of good quality. I especially liked the daybed along the windown ledge, great design idea, this came in handy for extra space . The front desk did tell me at check in that coffee was available 24-7 in the lobby but this seemed untrue on the night I was there. I'm a very early riser and after my in room coffee quota was gone I headed to the lobby for a refill, the clerk informed me there was none until she got the breakfast going several hours later but she did give me quite a few more in room pouches which I appreciated. I think this hotel should offer shuttle service every 30 or 40 minutes instead of every hour, that was inconvenient. Breakfast was okay, there are plenty of choices for a light breakfast, what I expected. I felt I received very good value for the rate I paid at this hotel and would definately recommend and stay again when I'm in the area, thanks Microtel for a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your kind words and appreciation for our hotel. I am very pleased to hear about your exceptional stay with us. We strive each day to ensure all our guests have a great and a satisfying experience. Please do come see us again next time you are in Salt Lake City. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.