Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #42 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed for a total of 3 nights. In this space of time their wi-fi threw me offline about 85 times. I probably made around 25 calls to the front desk for internet connection issues. They initially blamed this on an Asian tourist group. The problems continued after they left, however. The signal dropped constantly, their "solution" was to reboot the modem/router each time, which accomplished zilch. They have systemic issues they refuse to address. I was staying on a company voucher, and I opted to check out and go elsewhere on my own dime. In my time there I received no actual maid service, just got some towels delivered, which I had to call and get. I had no trash emptied or vacuuming. Strange stains on curtains and upholstery were evident, and the carpet was so dirty it made my white socks black from just walking on it. Hotel is past it's prime, needs serious updating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Joe, Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry we could not satisfy you during your stay with us, I will have our IT dept take a look at the internet connectivity today to ensure it is working properly. We have recently made lot of hardware changes to our internet to allow our guests faster speeds and stable connections, we have had lot of compliments from our guests after this was done but it evidently failed on your computer. Rest assured we will take a look at this to ensure if a problem persists it is fixed for all our future guests.
We provide our guess with daily housekeeping unless there is a "Do Not Disturb" sign hanging from the door, in that case we respect your privacy and do not knock to provide housekeeping. We also recently had all our rooms and hallways carpet replaced about 2 months ago and were all deep cleaned at the time of installation along with daily cleanliness of carpet and the rooms. Cleanliness is our top priority. Again, I apologize for less than satisfactory stay you had with us. We hope to serve you again in future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Diana G
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We had to spend a night at SLC arriving arriving around 21:00 and having to catch a flight next morning. We got our reservation on Hotel.com for a very reasonable price. Complementary shuttle arrived at airport arrivals in minutes. Very short ride. Quick check in process. Breakfast opened until 9:30 with waffles, fruits... Quiet and comfortable room. Very convenient. We booked same hotel for our return trip from oversea where we will have to spend another night at SLC for our connection.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Maravalj
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear about a fantastic experience you had with us! It is a huge compliment to my staff and I that you have decided to book again with us after your visit. All our team members strive hard each day to provide a great customer service and treat each of our guests as own personal guest. Hope you have a great trip overseas and we will wait for you to get back! Thank you so much for giving us an opportunity to be your go-to hotel in Salt Lake City.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel itself was wonderful!!! However, at reservation I let them know that I had a 20% discount card for Wyndham Hotels. They said okay, and did not ask what type of card. My associates arrived before I did and I called giving them permission to check into the room. When I arrived, the manager was not there to apply the discount. The next day, I asked again and the clerk took the Farm Bureau card, keyed the discount ID number into the system, and gave us a total of $55.18 including tax and fees per night for a four night stay. She computed all of those numbers herself, in front of me. At checkout, my associates received the receipt showing that only one night received the discount and the manager stated that they put that in manually and he did not accept that discount card. I am currently going back and forth with him to get the rate I was quoted when the discount card was originally keyed into the system. I am not very happy with the results at this time. I only stay at Microtel Hotels. This may change if the quote I received is not honored.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hi Jennifer, Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be beautiful and have been a frequent Microtel guest across the states. As we were talking about when exchanging E-mails, I am still working with Wyndham on this to get the discount rate code uploaded to our system so the discount could be passed on. I am just running into a situation which I had emailed you but have not heard back. As soon as I get a reply I am positive we can move past it and get the discount applied to your reservation. As I mentioned, it was the first time I had heard of a farm beareu discount so I wanted to educate myself on this before proceeding further to ensure it is done accurately. Thank you so much for your patience with this and we hope to see you again in future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dee T
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Reviewed 9 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Reviewed 2 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beth H
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014