Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Gambrills, Maryland
“OK for One Night”
Reviewed 23 July 2005

I stayed at the Microtel the night before catching a flight home and it was perfect for the purpose, but I wouldn't want to spend any real time there. The hotel is fairly new and surrounded by a business park under construction. There is nothing to do in the neighborhood. Fortunately, downtown Salt lake is a short drive away. The room was furnished a little sparsely, but nothing essential was missing. If you're looking for a cheap place to crash before catching a flight, this hotel fits the bill. If you're spending more than one night in the area, spend a little bit more and stay in Salt Lake.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank RamsHeadFC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 July 2005

Hotel was OK, including free breakfast, but as reported above, the shuttle to the airport (1 mile away) was charged 6$ per person to our surprise as it was announced to be for free. The taxi on the same trip is 10 $ at night

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 16 June 2005

My company put me in this hell hole on business. When I arrived I went to take a shower and there were pubic hairs and a used bar of soap in the tub. The next morning I found ants on the floor in the bathroom and in my bed! I had them give me a new room and it was cleaner but everytime I had to leave and come back my key wouldn't work so I needed to go to the front desk to get it reset. The second day I was there they never even servied my room, apparently they didn't know I wanted it done??? I will never stay there again. If I am put here on business I will check out and pay for it myself

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business
5 Thank kellyarix

Travellers are raving about these Salt Lake City hotels

Nevada
Reviewed 6 December 2004

Several problems: 1. Advertised internet was not in every room. Clerk asked why we didn't request it...We didn't think we had to request a service that was advertised in the room. (We didn't request a toilet, but we did have one of those). 2. The shuttle service. Not only is it an outside service which charges extra, they have a window of 15 min before and after the scheduled time. We were told to sign up for the 9:30am shuttle for our 11:15am flight. They showed up at 9:20 and we sat at the airport for much longer than we would have otherwise. 3. Having reserved the room through Expedia, we were now locked into our reserved room for the returning night (5 nights later) because the fine print said that we would have had to cancel the room 2 days before we actually made the reservation! We won't be using our 2nd night...which is a waste of $55.00, but it's better than staying here again. Stay at the Fairfield or the Best Western if you're looking for a better airport hotel.

7 Thank Newmanthegrey
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 30 June 2004

The room was nice, clean. Our only problem was we made the reservation after calling to make sure they had a free airport shuttle and parking (other hotels was have stayed at all offered free shuttle/parking while gone) and was told yes. We got there and then was told there was a $6/per person charge for the shuttle (which is only 1/2 mile away!) plus a $2/per day charge for parking. We could have stayed at a nicer hotel for the same or less price by the time we paid the extra shuttle cost. (they were kind enough to waive the parking fee, however) Make sure to get things like this in writing!

8 Thank DiverMom18
Travellers also viewed these Salt Lake City hotels
Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport
Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport
#39 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & ...
#32 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake City
Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake C...
#51 of 75 in Salt Lake City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake...
#35 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Rodeway Inn Salt Lake City Airport
Rodeway Inn Salt Lake City Airpo...
#53 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Airport Inn Hotel
Airport Inn Hotel
#55 of 75 in Salt Lake City

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!