“Excellent Hotel with everything you would need”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
heliummonkey12
“Excellent Hotel with everything you would need”
Reviewed 19 March 2010

I was absolutely amazed with the service that this hotel provided. I came in on a delayed flight along with about 40 other passengers. The staff was extremely helpful. They got us all checked in and into our rooms in no time at all. The rooms were spacious, immaculate, comfortable and very well equipped. The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast and were taken back to the airport in ample time to catch our flight.
I would definately stay here if I am in Salt Lake City again. The hotel is great and the staff is exceptional. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
coming

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Idaho
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I was given a voucher for this "hotel" by American Airlines due to flight delays. Whoever said that it was an 80's throwback was exactly right. Awful, dingy mauve carpet. I almost walked out, but it was late and I was tired. The front desk lady asked me if I preferred 2nd or 3rd floor, I told her 3rd and as far away from the road as possible (it is right on the highway), so she proceeds to tell the entire lobby which room she is putting me in (I am a single women traveling alone). Great! I get to me room, the beds look nice but the headboard wall is a mirrored wall. I looks kind of shady, and it was the wall that backed up to the housekeeping room. I locked the door, but noticed that the lock was not very secure. I am not a paranoid person by nature (I don't even lock my car or house), but I had a very bad feeling about this. I turned on the TV & got into bed. I don't sleep without TV, so I tried to find something on and there were only 10 channels! And only one network channel (ABC). What?!?!
I finally fell asleep, then was awakened by someone knocking at my door at 11:00pm. I almost had a heart attack! I did not answer the door. I am sure that someone who overheard that front desk lady tell me my room or even one of the staff knocked on my door. The scariest experience I have ever had at a hotel. I did not sleep the rest of the night. Then I tried to workout in the "gym", which was just hotel room with a bike that didn't work and a crappy treadmill and a nautilus machine. Oh, and a TV with 3 channels. Worst. Hotel. Ever. Do not stay here.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank mtngalID

Travellers are raving about these Salt Lake City hotels

Salida, Colorado
Reviewed 8 February 2010

This airport hotel offers clean, basic rooms in a quiet location near the airport. The standard room does not have a refrigerator, microwave or coffee making facilities. There is a computer terminal in the lobby for accessing the internet for free. The BIG drawback to this location is the limited possibility of finding food. There is one restaurant about 2 blocks away (Roberts) but it is closed on weekends. The Hyatt nearby has a limited bar menu at inflated prices ($9 for a hamburger and $6 for a beer)and that's it! If you come only to sleep, this is a comfortable, clean place.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank climber_in_CH
Monroe, NH
Reviewed 5 January 2010

We got stuck in SLC for a week and luckily landed here. The staff is amazing and the hotel was immaculate - I have NEVER seen a cleaner hotel anywhere in the world. Very inexpensive but very comfortable and tastefully decorated. The bed was absolutely the best hotel bed I've ever slept on; the linens/pillows exquisite and I travel frequently. The flat screen TV mounted on the wall was a nice updated touch. The staff went out of their way to help us out. There is a wonderful restaurant (Roberts) with an amazing selection of food nearby. Despite being close to the airport, the area was quiet and safe. I felt comfortable getting out for a little exercise.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
SoCal
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I made a reservation for this hotel based on my experience at other Microtels. When I arrived, it took 10 minutes to check in. I booked a non-smoking room and when I got to my room, the non-smoking sign was on the door, but the room was clearly a smoking room - complete with ash tray. The carpet was badly soiled and burned; the towels stained; a hole in the wall behind the bathroom door; mismatched amenities, i.e. shampoo and conditioner. Furthermore, the pictures on their website were NOTHING like the room I received. It was a throwback from the 80's. For a hotel that displays the sign that reads something like Guest Satisfaction Award - 2008, I would have expected far more than I recieved. At check-out, the young East Indian gal wasn't at all concerned that our stay was far less than desireable. In the future, when coming to Salt Lake City, I will be staying at the Baymont Inn.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
microtelslc, GENERAL MANAGER at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 16 November 2009
Dear Guest, I am extremely sorry about your experience at the hotel. The reason that this all happened was because the day that you checked into the hotel we were going through a computer system and reservation system changeover. Your reservation had showed up on our system as requesting a smoking room. We only have 4 smoking rooms in the whole property of 104 rooms. Unfortunately you were given one of those rooms because of how your reservation showed up online. I wish that you had called the front desk or come down to the lobby when you first entered the room, we would have gladly moved you to a more suitable room and probably upgraded you to a suite for your inconvenience. Next time you are in town please ask to speak to the manager and allow us to make up for your unfortunate experience.
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I got a fantastic rate on this hotel booking online and really got my money's worth. We were put into the handicap room and it was extra spacious!
Perfect inexpensive hotel if you just need one night before going ot the airport.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
salt lake city airport
Reviewed 18 June 2009

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip with my associates. I was amazed with the service. The staff was wonderful, the room was immaculate and the location was perfect. We were picked up from the airport and dropped back off on the hotel shuttle which is available 24 hrs. The free long distance phone calls and free wifi was great ! I would definately stay there whenever I am in Salt Lake City again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business