I stayed here in January 2014, it's taken me a while to write up a review but I've been busy. I traveled to SLC for a snowboarding trip and wanted a place with a jacuzzi. Kayak.com led me to think there might be one available in the winter. I called to double check, a Hispanic man, whose name I cannot remember, answered the phone and assured me the jacuzzi was available all year round. Well when I arrived I talked to a man at the front desk who looked like a manager, and who I believe to be the same person who was on the phone. When I asked him about the jacuzzi he laughed at me like I was some cheapskate expecting the world. F that guy he has a terrible job. The rest of my stay was what I would expect from an urban Motel. Except for one thing. In the middle of the night someone was able to enter our room with a key. The person that opened the door seemed as surprised as I was to have my door opened past 2am. I'm assuming someone from the front desk gave a person a key to access our room thinking it was empty. I could not help but think it was the same inept desk person I interacted with. The room cleaning was good, and the workers were honest. I left out computers, cash, and mountain equipment all worth thousands of dollars and none of it was messed with, all while the room looked immaculate. The location is about a 3 minute drive to the 15 if that matters to you, and a Dennys and other grocery stores are close by. Kitchens appear to be converted walk-in closets. If it had not been for the front desk man lying to me, then acting like I was a cheapskate, I would stay here every trip I take to SLC. In light of the front desk agent, it is no different than a motel 8/6 or any other motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City hotel. Business and leisure travelers alike appreciate our updated guestrooms and modern conveniences. Centrally located near Murray City, just 6 miles south of downtown Salt Lake City, 12 miles from Salt Lake International Airport and just 25 minutes from Alta, Brighton, Snowbird and Solitude Ski Resorts. We are located at exit 301 off I-15. Enjoy a good night's sleep on our Tempur-pedic mattresses, available in single queen and king rooms. Wake up and smell the cinnamon rolls with our Express Start continental breakfast featuring hot cheddar cheese omelets, sausage and much more. This Salt Lake City hotel will help maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center, or our spacious outdoor pool. Catch up on work in our business center. Our conference rooms and full service catering make the Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City Hotel an ideal place for small board meetings, executive retreats, banquets, seminars, conferences and training meetings. Businesses near hotel: 3M, AT&T, Century Equipment, Convergy's, Data Chem Laboratories, General Electric Capitol, ICU Medical, Intermountain Bobcat, Interlink/ Bridgepoint, Sorenson Research Park, Salt Lake Community College, State of Utah Department of Transportation, RMT Equipment, Scott Machinery, University of Phoenix, Utah PTA and Zevex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Murray/Salt Lake City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City Hotel Salt Lake City
- Holiday Inn Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Holiday Inn
- Baymont Inn & Suites Murray/Salt Lake City North America