“Poor Hotel”

Radisson Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #41 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“Poor Hotel”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Rooms are nice and the front desk was attentive, but the AC/HEAT doesn't work in the swing seasons. I visited in April and it was warm during the day, but the facility AC is not plugged in yet. Makes it hot, until about 9pm when it cools down outside. Staying in the summer or winter is probably OK, as they will have the AC or HEAT working.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Support Specialist at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Room was rustic and comfortable . The temp of the room was an issue at times so we asked the front desk to move and they gladly accommodated us. The hotel is old so the air conditioning is an older unit.. However we enjoyed the room and the loft bedroom .

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very clean and looked great! The front desk guys were friendly and helpful. The only issue we had were the beds. They are sleep number beds but the controls did not work. One half of the queen bed was hard as a rock whereas the other side was too soft. Other than the beds it was great.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kentucky
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Don't do it !!! if you have other options of another hotel go there,,, cost should not be a concern. When I checked into this hotel the outside temp was in the mid 20's, when I got to my room (ground floor) it was almost the same temp as outside. I want to belive the staff had it turned down to save energy. I'm for energy conservation but they knew 2 weeks in advance that I was checking in. you could feel the cold thru the carpet floor, and the bathroom floor was a block of ice, I had to put the bath mat down and 4 other towels on the floor because it was so cold..
Then I went to do an airline check in ,, guess what the staff knew the computer I was using was broken And I sat there like an idiot waiting for my check in to print... So I short if you want to give this hotel your $$ for cheap rooms go for it ,, I am done

Room Tip: don't do a ground floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Fuzie
Lisa K, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. I understand how frustrating it must have been to stay in a room so cold and I sincerely apologize. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to me should you wish to discuss your stay with me personally.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Blew me away, clean, big rooms, nice people and select comfort beds! They even had a pack and play for my daughter.

The Best choice for an overnight stay or a less expensive option by the airport. We got stuck here for the night and I couldn't be more impressed.

Stayed January 2014
Logan, Utah
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

The staff here are incredible. Tony, Jessie, & John at the Front desk are very welcoming and helpful..
Stan, the shuttle driver that picked us up at the airport is wonderful!! My husband fell outside the airport & hit his head & was bleeding alot. When we got back to the hotel, he got some gauze and antiseptic & delivered it to my room so I could bandage the wound.
This was above & beyond his duties and was so appreciated!
I totally recommend this hotel especially if you are flying anywhere because you can park your car in their covered parking while away.
We stay here everytime we fly to visit our son,
You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed December 2013
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed here overnight to catch an early morning flight. We used the shuttle both to get there after returning a car rental to the airport and in the morning to return to the airport.

Prior to our stay we had just left two of their sister-brand hotels in the past week, Country Inn & Suites in New Orleans and then in South Jordan, UT. I was pretty disappointed with the level of customer service in comparison to their sister-brand, during the both shuttles, check-in and check-out. Perhaps something was happening within the staff team, but it seemed like everyone was in a bad mood/angry. We were upgraded to a two-story bedroom suite, which was nice. The room was comfortable and clean, however the banister was a little loose on the stairs. I didn't hear any planes either. The wifi was fast and consistent.

We travel a lot, mostly within the Carlson Rezidor and IHG Brands around the world. You can ask anyone who travels for a good portion of the year what makes a good hotel. The answer you will find is the service. I honestly think that although Radisson is higher "star" brand, the customer service is lacking across the board in the USA. The Radisson Blu brand in Europe is going strong. I'd much rather save the points or cash and stay in a CI&S and have a nice included breakfast, a pool and hot tub, and smile from their friendly and attentive staff. Radisson should take some hints from the CI&S hotel down the street in South Jordan. Whatever was happening with your staff needs to stay in the backroom. Serve your guests with a smile!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family