“Disappointing”

Hilton Salt Lake City Center
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed there during a business trip to Salt Lake City. Hotel had all the basics, bed some toiletries ie shampoo etc. The restaurant was horrible and overpriced. The breakfast buffet was terrible might as well have been fed cardboard. The staff realized how bad the food was and made a good effort to make up for it thus two stars rather than one. Had to pay for so many things that are free at Marriott hotels so will stay there next time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Darren D,
Thank you for your posting. I have discussed your comments regarding the poor quality food with the Executive Chef. He will reach out to you personally to inquiry on specifics regarding your restaurant experience at our hotel. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I look forward to investigating your concerns with the Executive Chef so we address these issues. Our guest survey response in the past have indicated a quality breakfast experience for our guests, so we are very concerned that this was not the case for you on your recent visit.

Jeff Protzman

Write a ReviewReviews (1,506)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We are here for 2 nights and at first they put us in a room facing the alley and the back of the building no view I asked to be moved and they had plenty of other rooms. We have had people outside our room constantly screaming or laughing in large groups it is definitely not a place you can relax. I am laying here in the bed at 8:30 and housekeeping is banging around next door and yelling down the hallway. We have not been able to sleep in one time!It doesn't matter how nice the room looks if you have to keep leaving the hotel to enjoy any quiet! Won't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear ekog,
Thank you for your comments and the detailed information you provided. Thank you also for the telephone call today and the opportunity for us to make it right for you and your husband. I sincerely apologize to you for the noise and lack of a restful experience in our hotel. As we discussed on the telephone, I will ensure this situation is addressed with my team. I look forward to seeing you again on a future trip to Salt Lake City. I am glad that we spoke and that we could exceed your expectations in our service recovery.

Best Regards,

Jeff Protzman

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently stayed here for a conference. I found it to be a little old fashioned but quite typical of an older style Hilton Hotel. I had a king room on the 16th floor and it was clean and comfortable with a nice view across Salt Lake City. It was clean and well appointed and very suitable for a business trip and very reasonable priced.

The buffet breakfast had something for everyone. There was a Starbucks conveniently located in the hotel lobby but they closed at 11am on Saturday and weren't open on Sunday. It was also impossible to get anything to eat here during the day...other than crisps, chocolate and perhaps a yoghurt.

The conference facilities were reasonable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Some people got free internet but some of us had to pay for it which didn't seem right.

The food at the banquet I attended in the ballroom was appalling and inedible. We were all served at different times and by the time they got to teas and coffees they just didn't bother with half of the table. I later had drinks in the hotel's restaurant and although it took 3 tries to get the bill added up correctly, the cocktails were good!

Room Tip: The higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was at this awesome hotel for a Cookie Decorating convention from March 19th-22nd. I had such a great time and the staff were absolutely amazing! They have a really good Breakfast buffet for 19.99 every morning down just off the main lobby as well as a little coffee shop if just a coffee in the morning is your thing. The rooms were really nice and clean and the pool was so nice for an early morning workout! The location was ideal for our group since the conference was right in the hotel but we also wandered out and explored Temple square which is just two blocks away as well as an amazing shopping center that was right before it. The Steak house in the hotel was really wonderful as well. Everything a person could ever want in a trip to SLC is either right in the hotel or steps out the door! I really hope the next Cookie Con will be held at this hotel! If not and I ever go back to SLC, I know where I will be staying!! Thank you so much to the concierges, front desk staff, housekeeping staff and especially the amazing chef who came out and greeted us on two occasions and was so awesome! You all made our trip just that little extra bit special!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here for business for one night.

Good hotel with amenities you would expect. Friendly staff and a great restaurant for meat.

No Executive Lounge which was a shame but got a free breakfast.

I would stay again if ever in Salt Lake.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank HullPhil
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I attended a cookie convention & show along with more than 400 other attendees for about 4 days. My stay at the hotel was a great experience. Loved the cleanness of the rooms, lobby and conference rooms. The staff was extremely helpful and resourceful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Claudia A
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This Hilton is centrally located and within walking distance from a number of dining options. We opted for the 'weekend getaway' package, which gave us a break on wifi and the breakfast buffet for two. I highly recommend the breakfast – great service from all of the wait staff and the captain of the omelette station!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends