“Much better than before. Excellent hotel and service!”

Hilton Salt Lake City Center
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After a less than perfect experience in February, we were given an opportunity to return to the Hilton and give it another try. I am so glad that we took the chance and went back to the hotel.

We had a very smooth check in. One minute or less at the desk! We were given a room on the 14th floor. The room was large and open. It was very clean. I was very impressed. We had plans that night so I jumped in the shower. I have to say this was one of the cleanest hotel bathrooms I've ever been in.

Later that night we went to the pool and enjoyed the hot tub. We had a lot of fun! The pool was very large for an indoor pool!

When it was finally time for sleep, the bed was very comfortable. I've always thought that the Hilton has comfy beds. Nice crisp, clean sheets. I slept like a log! I especially enjoyed the black out curtains in the room, which allowed me to sleep in. And since there were no kids invited on this over night trip, I slept in for a LONG time.

The next morning we had breakfast at the buffet. YUM. My hubby wants to go back up there just for breakfast! Very, very good food.

Everyone at the Hilton was very friendly. I was very happy to have another chance to stay here. I can see the the bad experience in February was not normal. I have no doubt we will be going there again and again and again.

Thanks to Jeff to making sure we were well taken care of. He went out of his way to show us that the Hilton knows how to treat its guests.

Room Tip: Stay up high for a great view of the city!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stacey H
There are newer reviews for Hilton Salt Lake City Center

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I get that hotels want to make money but for 100 bucks a night they really should have free wifi. That is a basic amenity, come on people. Sleeze-bag motels for 20 bucks a night and McDonalds have free wifi. Basically, if you want to feel like you are valued as a human, then don't stay at the Hilton. If you do want to feel like you are valued only for your money, then stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Jordan F,
We do charge for internet access, as do many other hotels do in Salt Lake City. Unlike many of the other hotels however, we have a two tier pricing program for guest depending on their specific needs. Such as simple email access or a more robust service to view streaming video or use multiple devices in their guest rooms at the same time. We also provide free wireless internet access to guests throughout the lobby, restaurants and bar. We also provide free internet access via desk top computers in two business centers located in the lobby and on the conference floor. In these business centers we also offer complimentary copier and printer use.
I do understand the value of complimentary internet access, and I appreciate hearing your point of view on this matter.

Jeff Protzman

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Walking distance to the train, shopping, convention center, dining. Great place to stay, I will stay there again when I return to Salt Lake City. The rooms were just as I expected, clean comfortable and the staff was friendly.

1  Thank Tim R
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Everything very good, good amenities - well equipped gym and nice pool, rooms very good, nice and quiet. Great service. Only complaint, no wifi... c'mon guys - free wifi please, trying to fleece us for $5 a day for wifi?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank rheannnnnn
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Do everything possible to maintain the excellent service, I have not experienced racism, laziness and bad attitudes. You are a blessing. My friend who earns very well, has stayed at the Marriott, but this time he stayed at the Hilton and will discuss it on that next year I wanted to stay in the Marriott to feel their service and He told me not to do that and made ​​me stay at the Hilton again said; he likes you, better service and Hilton definitely feels more comfortable. So, see you next year Hilton...;)

1  Thank Carlos N
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Location is convenient to the Salt Palace Convention Center. Check in and out were fine as well as the housekeeping staff. Terrible service in the bar both nights we were there. On the 2nd night after 25 minutes we walked out without receiving any drinks or even any water. The internet access never worked in the room even after spending 45 minutes on the phone with the service provider for the hotel. For the amount of money they charged for the room I expected better service.

1  Thank 389kime
JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear 389kime,
Thank you for the posting. I appreciate the positive feedback in regard to the check in and housekeeping services at our hotel. I also appreciate the constructive feedback on opportunities we have to improve bar service in Spencer's and to improve our Wi-Fi connections for our guests.
I have discussed the poor bar service with our Restaurant Manager. We have learned from this experience and will ensure future guests experience true Spencer's hospitality. We have also identified an opportunity to enhance wireless capacity throughout the guest floors and we are working with AT&T currently to add more access points for extensive coverage on every floor for multiple devices.
Thank you again for your feedback, we greatly appreciate it. We hope to regain your trust and confidence on a future visit to Salt Lake City.

Jeff Protzman

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The lobby is very nice. The check in process was quick and the people very nice and efficient. The room was good, although the furniture looked like it had been around for a while. The express check out was very convenient. Large choice of restaurants very near buy. Just across from the Salt Palace, if you have a convention there.

1  Thank William L