“Over priced”

Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Logan, United States
“Over priced”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Pay so much for so little. Small room, parking is extra, internet is extra. Poor cleaning job. My sister found black hairs on the bathroom floor. AC didn't work properly, so I woke up in a sweat and couldn't get it any cooler.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Ryan T
JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Ryan T,
I apologize to you for the poor experience at our hotel on your recent visit. Ryan, can you email me with some specific information regarding your recent visit (dates, and your room number) and I will respond so we can regain your trust and confidence in the Hilton Salt lake City Center.

Jeff.Protzman@Hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Turkish first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton and enjoyed my stay the rooms were very clean and the staff was very nice. The indoor pool was good from what my business associates said and I would stay there again. The bellhops were nice especially the older gentleman working the front door.

Stayed June 2014
CALGARY, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were kept up all night by a thundering a/c unit, which was also inefficient. Phone call to front desk was futile, promise of call from a/c engineer never kept. No call; no sleep!!!! Would not stay at this Hilton in Salt Lake, other locations maybe.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear William M,
Thank you for your posting, and recent visit to our hotel. I apologize to you for the poor experience at our hotel. I have taken action to address the air conditioning problem in the guest room you occupied. I have also sent you a personal email today with detailed information on how we will work to regain your confidence and trust with the Hilton Salt lake City Center.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Couldn't believe we ,got such a great deal on this hotel! Booked on the Hilton website--purchased the package that included Internet and parking. We were on a road trip and only needed the hotel room for one night--4th of July.

Upon check-in, were told they upgraded us to a pure room on a higher floor. The room was incredibly clean and offered a great view of the city. We were able to watch several fireworks shows from our room!

This downtown-located hotel is near several bars and restaurants, all within walking distance. It's also very close to the convention center.

We had a problem with a clogged toilet. They sent maintenance immediately to address the issue. We really appreciated that!

Overall, quite pleased with the stay and would definitely book it again if back in the area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RCWS
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just arrived here after long days travel. Got 15 year old scrubbed up and proceeded downstairs to find somewhere we could sit and have a game of cards and snack. No casual restaurant. Dark dingy looking expensive steak house and can't sit and have drink in there with 15 year old but can't take drinks out into lobby area ("no open drinks"). When I asked what we were supposed to do one member of staff suggested I buy a can from the gift shop and sit with that whilst another (Scott Lee who had assured me I could get a drink at restaurant and sit in lobby with it) rolled his eyes about me to another guest. Welcome to Salt Lake City!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LornaT350
JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear LomaT350,
I have reviewed the circumstances that you describe with Scott Lee, our Front Office Supervisor. He does remember the conversation about looking for a place ot play cards and have some snacks, he did not understand that your daughter age 15 would accompany you to the bar area. I apologize to you for the poor impression we left you with due to this interaction and confusion.

alpharetta
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a luxury hotel you would expect the service to be good. My room smelled and they came in and tried to fix it with an ionizer and I stayed. What made me angry was I had ordered a wooden box at the conference and that was stolen by the maid Rita. I had to go and order another one. I was also angry about the concierge. One young man got me a cab and did an excellent one. Another man recommended I walk from the hotel in 88 degree heat to a nearby museum He should have told me to walk up to the mall where the train station is and I could have taken it to courthouse to see the exhibit and back to the mall since I had to stop at apple store. it would have saved me minor heat stroke when I was tired from jet lag and not sleeping and got sores from getting lost and walking in the heat. The other thing i noticed is the concierge gives out recommendations for restaurants with his name on it so I thought he might have a kickback with the restaurant. The same guy told me I would have to ship by ups or fedex from the hotel when the US post office was only 2.5 blocks away. I got so I used the concierge at the Shilo inn nearby or the visitor center at the convention center rather than use the hotel concierge.
Other than that there is a pool. The room is nice with a mini fridge and nice chair table to sit at as well as a desk and 2 beds. The room was nice. The service was poor. I took a paid shuttle from the airport rather than take the train. The maids change every day so you won't have the same maid twice. it's clean no bugs, nice bath. good location near the convention center. The rate was high due to the convention. An older hilton but wasn't bad except the service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank smiles030
Dear Smiles030,
I have reviewed your comments posted from your visit to our hotel. I apologize to you that our Concierge was not more helpful. In regard to our housekeeper Rita, she has been employed here for over 20 years, and is a trustworthy team member. I had it hard to believe that she would risk her job by taking one of your personal items. She has serviced thousands of guest rooms with easy access to personal items, jewerly, cash and other valuables and I have never in 20 years had anyone question her integrity or her honesty. I don't think she took the box.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here just for a night to rest, traveled from Las Vegas to Washington state. I can see this hotel is dated. Hotel was so busy at the time of our visit, there's a lot of guest due to a conference going on. They need to label which elevator is going to higher floors. Room is a good size. Dated furnitures in room. Huge bathroom but noticed counters are very dusty, we had no time to complain because we were just tired and wanted to rest for the night. Small tub. Good small size fridge, had 1 bottle of water inside for a fee. Noticed left-over foods inside the fridge, i guess it's from the previous guest before us, which i found very nasty. They need to work with their housekeeping. Very disappointing since this is Hilton. Had to pay 4.99 for wifi, which is spotty sometimes. Had to pay $18 for valet parking. Valet people are very courteous. Will try other hotel in the area if we'll visit Salt Lake City again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family