“Awesome Location”

Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Cody, Wyoming, United States
“Awesome Location”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Was able to book the day before my stay and still got a pretty good rate. The location is great, so much to see within walking distance. The staff were kind and helpful. My only complaint was the cost of parking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tyler Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Always count on Hilton Hotels. I know what to expect and they always deliver. Right next to the Salt Palace and very convenient. Rooms are clean and quiet Check in and out are very friendly and quick. The baggage holding dept was also very efficient.

1 Thank Rosalie G
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property while attending a convention and while my room on the 7th floor had no problems with air conditioning, my friends on the 12th floor suffered with minimal cooled air in their room. While i was at the desk, i overheard the desk clerk tell another guest on the 16th floor who was also complaining about the lack of airconditioning that the higher floors were having to deal with the problem and as you got up higher, the problem worsened. Not exactly reassuring that the problem was something that could be easily corrected and a sold out hotel did not allow for room changes. Hopefully this problem is addressed soon or we will not return to this property for our next visit.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Mauna 2011,
Thank you for your post on your recent stay with us. We did have a air conditioning problem a few weeks ago that was related to a problem in our cooling tower on the roof of the building. Within a matter of hours we were ablle to recitfy the problem and begin to cool the building down. Unfortunately due to the near 100 degree temperature in Salt Lake City over this date, it took longer than we had hoped for all of the guest rooms to cool to a comfortable temperature. Since this time we have had warmer days and far less challenges relating to cooling guest rooms.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great hotel with usual high standards of Hilton chain - lovely spacious modern clean room with comfy kingsize bed - good location, great staff. I would rate excellent except that other hotels we visited at this type and standard offered free wifi in the room and free breakfast for the same rate. We could only access free wifi in the lobby, otherwise additional charge in room wifi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trek50
Buffalo, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

First time to Salt Lake City, and expecting the Hilton Experience, from city to city. DID NOT DISAPPOINT. This Hilton at SLC was excellent in every way, from the friendliness of the staff to the kindness of the front desk, and all of the employees I can in contact with. You never have to wonder what kind of service you will get at a HILTON.. It is ALWAYS FANTASTIC !!!

1 Thank Ron S
Nashville, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I wish that I was able to stay in my original room with the King Size bed and NOT had to move to a room with 2 Queen Size beds due to a woman in the original room being RIDICULOUSLY LOUD! The mattress was uncomfortable. I had to place a pillow under my side every night and pray for comfort. Also, I wish I was able to lower the temperature. The room was uncomfortably warm. The hotel location was good, and the staff was pleasant. -TDC, Nashville, TN

1 Thank Tina C
JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Tina C,
Thank you very much for the detailed response and opportunities for improvement. I greatly appreciate it.
I will share this information with our management team to address the opportunities. I apologize to you and your husband for the inconvenience of relocating rooms due to a loud and disrespectful neighbor. We should have responded differently to this issue and addressed the issue with the neighbor first.
We look forward to welcoming you back for the next WGU Conference. Please contact me directly prior to arrival so I may take the opportunity to meet you personally and welcome you back to our hotel.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I didn't choose this hotel, as I was on a tour of western states that had me in 5 various hotels. This one was the nicest of the lot, but unlike some others, this one did not have a free breakfast and also charges you for wifi. In this day and age wifi should be free. It's how people communicate with each other, like the telephone. If cheap $39 a night hotels can offer free wifi, why can't "luxury, high-end" hotels like Hilton do it? It makes you look cheap by not offering it, like you are nickel and dimeing your guests.

Room was nice, if you don't count the two bugs I found in the bathroom, including a stink bug. Also there was a problem with the A/C. I had it set at 65 (the lowest it would go) and still it was not cooling off the room. Pool was big and nice. Big lobby. Normally I don't stay in Hiltons, preferring hotels that offer free breakfast and wifi, but if you don't mind paying extra for those things, on top of the already high cost of staying here, then this hotel is for you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank World_Traveler_6216
JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Love 2 Travel.
Thank you for your posting. I appreciate the feedback on your experience. We do charge for breakfast and internet. However we offer a variety of paid options for internet, but also free in lobby and business center. For breakfast options we offer a Starbucks coffee bar and full service breakfast restaurant for our guests who want a variety of options and pricing. I did not hear about your un invited guests. If you have time, I would greatly appreciate an email that let's me know which room you stayed in while you were with us.

Jeff.Protzman@Hilton.com